Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Is the Antenna JB5Z-I8936-AU still available? I don't see any Google hits for this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the Antenna JB5Z-I8936-AU still available? I don't see any Google hits for this.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I checked both Ford Parts and Levittown Ford and neither came up with the number being valid. Could also be obsolete.
Is this the roof antenna?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I checked both Ford Parts and Levittown Ford and neither came up with the number being valid. Could also be obsolete.
Is this the roof antenna?

Peter
Was this the end all fix for the satellite acquiring signal issue. I bought my SUV last December, and the satellite radio only works when there is dew on the antenna, or when it is raining. A buddy of mine says that it is the water that absorbs microwave and prevents the 4G TCU modem from interfering with the XM signal.

Was this the end all fix for the satellite acquiring signal issue. I bought my SUV last December, and the satellite radio only works when there is dew on the antenna, or when it is raining. A buddy of mine says that it is the water that absorbs microwave and prevents the 4G TCU modem from interfering with the XM signal.
The issue seems to be limited to the 2018 Explorer. List of Useful Threads - 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's
Check this post which has the full notice in PDF form. Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models
I'd check with the dealer and see what they say.
If you plan to buy the antenna, this appears to be the antenna for the 2018 Explorer. Original 2015-2022 Ford Antenna Base JJ7Z-18936-AAPTM | Levittown Ford Parts
Levittown is a Forum vendor and offers members a discount. Coupon Codes for Forum Members
Good luck.

Peter

It is JB5Z-18936-AU

The last two letters show the color. -AG is the metallic blue.
Fritz

The issue seems to be limited to the 2018 Explorer. List of Useful Threads - 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's
Check this post which has the full notice in PDF form. Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models
I'd check with the dealer and see what they say.
If you plan to buy the antenna, this appears to be the antenna for the 2018 Explorer. Original 2015-2022 Ford Antenna Base JJ7Z-18936-AAPTM | Levittown Ford Parts
Levittown is a Forum vendor and offers members a discount. Coupon Codes for Forum Members
Good luck.

Peter
Thanks for the quick reply.

Saw a video that shows how to replace the shark fin antenna. I will buy a new one and see what happens. I also read about updating to the latest SYNC 3 version. I will also try that as well,

And as a note, all the replacement antennas now come only in primer gray. You have to paint them yourself. Made in China too.
My new gray -soon to be black- antenna did fix my "no GPS signal" problem.

And as a note, all the replacement antennas now come only in primer gray. You have to paint them yourself. Made in China too.
My new gray -soon to be black- antenna did fix my "no GPS signal" problem.
Well, after searching on the WEB I was able to get the exact assembly I needed in the Platinum white color...JB5Z-I8936-AU. It was brand new in the box. I installed it and now everything works...I want to post a picture of the unit I pulled off, but not sure how to do this. I also bought from FORD the black "stick" antenna to complete the installation.

Well, after searching on the WEB I was able to get the exact assembly I needed in the Platinum white color...JB5Z-I8936-AU. It was brand new in the box. I installed it and now everything works...I want to post a picture of the unit I pulled off, but not sure how to do this. I also bought from FORD the black "stick" antenna to complete the installation.

2018 explorer antenna corrosion.jpg

Figured out how to add the picture.
Thank you for taking out an Elite Explorer membership and helping to support the forum. :thumbsup:
FYI, the forum typically has a 2-for-1 special during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday period where you can choose to extend your membership.

Peter

Back