Extended Brake Lines w/ SAS

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
So what are you guys using for your SAS front caliper setups? I've seen jrgaylor's and splodo49's (who used the idea from jrgaylor) setup, where they used the Superlift extended brake lines off their TTB lifts. Can I just use the extended Ford 77-79 Dana 44 brake lines for the front or do I need to just buy the Superlift lines and do it their way? What about for the rear? What extended lines are you guys running for the 9" rear axle? (BTW, I'm gonna be running discs in the rear)

I just need some options from the guys with experience who've already done this. I won't have any time to check out mine and compare it to others for atleast another week and I'm ready to get this swap under way. TIA, Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know if they are extended Pro Comp F150/Bronco or Explorer lines?

I checked Felix's old threads and didn't find any more info than what you already told me. I'll PM Brian. Thanks Colin.

When I go SAS I'm keeping the stock dana 44 location. Running new hardlines to the bottom of the engine crossmember and then running lines down to the center of the axle.No chance of over extending the lines that way.

I went to a local place that carries I belive it is called russel hoses. It is a division of Holley (thecarb people) I showed him a stock ranger line said I needed this on one end and the other I need a banjo fitting that will fit this bolt through it and be 30" long. he came back 2 minutes later with all the parts to bolt it into the truck. One of these days I will go back and pick up a spare. The pices came for a place to put a clip on them. I welded a piece of .120 plate to the frame with a 5/8 hole in it then put a clip on it from home depot to hold it. They ran me about $70 to get the front two done.

Ok, well pretty much everyone has said either take it to a shop and let them do it, or "they forgot which ones they had". :D I think I'm just gonna order the Skyjacker TTB SS lines b/c I can get them at work for pretty cheap and I've already seen what little is involved in making them work with my setup (thanks jrgaylor). When it comes time for the rear, I'll probably find a shop to get some for my Caddy calipers. Thanks guys. :)

I have the ones Duff sells for a 93 Explorer. Earles. I am pretty sure they are the ones who are a division of holley because I called them to warranty myrear line. I also cut the mount off my old buckets and welded it on my new shock hoops (before anyone else did I think). They bolted right up, but I did need to extend the hard lines with some short pieces I bought at auto zone. I think the dirvers was like 6" and the passenger was like 12". I just had to get a female to female splice to connect them. All at Vato Zone.

Here is a pic of the line:
http://groups.msn.com/KirbyandChuck/kirbysnavajo.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=132

I also covered the SS lines in rubber feul line because my rear line burst due to being rubbed on something.

Another Pic

http://groups.msn.com/KirbyandChuck/kirbysnavajo.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=131

All my Pics: http://groups.msn.com/KirbyandChuck/shoebox.msnw

Let me know how else I can help you.

Back