First outting in my Explorer at Tellico | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First outting in my Explorer at Tellico

TB

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS 4wd
All the trails were closed up at Tellico, but they had a few places to go ride around. Most were 2wd passable, but some were a little muddy/rocky/deep.

Oh, and it's a stock Explorer...it's certainly no Jeep. ;) And yes, my pictures are bad ass because they are on my 2000$ camera phone. :rolleyes:

0201091443.jpg

0201091443a.jpg

0201091459.jpg

Had some major ice up there, too. Charity(my girlfriend) says HI. ;)

10201091409a.jpg

I actually did the 1.5" front TT with the AutoZone shackles in the back at about 2" lift. Tires are some Goodyear Mud-something or others....they were on there when I got it. I put some Bilstein HD's on all four this week too. Ride is great and it didn't feel nearly as "sloshy" on the rocks as I thought it would.

Looks good man.

So is everything at tellico closed for good now? I have not heard in a while.

Im not too terribly far from ya. At least in the same state

Looks good man.

So is everything at tellico closed for good now? I have not heard in a while.

Im not too terribly far from ya. At least in the same state

There was a sign up that said all trails were closed from Jan 1st to either March 1st or 31st....I can't remember.

The trail(s) you see me on are the "gravel road" and the second half of Trail 2.

I'm not trying to make a trail killer out of my daily driver Explorer, I just wanted to get out in the woods a few times a year. I think when these tires wear out or I find a deal on some larger ones, i'd like to put that larger tire on there with maybe a 2" body lift. Nothing crazy. Hell, I probably could have gone everything I pointed the the thing if I had just taken off the ground clearance killing running boards.

Back