Fit with no problems 285/60/R18's; 2002 sport 2dr | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fit with no problems 285/60/R18's; 2002 sport 2dr

yes i know i hate the chrome too but i dont have the cash to get them powdercoated black quite yet. I also havent aligned it since i dropped the front. I just wanted to pass on that they fit with no rubbing or anything and the rear will get a .75" spacer to match the front.
took me 2 years to finally cough up the cash to get some. Got a HELL of a deal on them brand new tires and wheels for 550$!!!! i didnt really care what the wheels were the tires are worth way over that.

IMAG0120.jpg
IMAG0121.jpg
IMAG0116.jpg
IMAG0115.jpg
IMAG0122.jpg

I think they look alright...

Hell, as long as they don't rub, go with them.. The chrome wheels are not that bad...Especially with the champagne color body...

From other chrome wheels I have seen in the past I hope they are not heavier than regular finish wheels...

Is the speedo off a bit because of the difference in tire size over stock? When I installed my Mustang wheels with 225/60-16" on my 99 Sport the speedo was off by about 5 mph...

I think that looks stupid...
Of course the speedo will be off if the tire size has changed and no other "mods" were done...

i like the way it looks i just think the rims look stupid but they are the right offset, i sure as poop am not going to be getting any curb rash with these tires...

and my speedo is exact thanks to my xcal 2 BTW...

but for 550$ with brand new falken ziex tires i am not going to complain about the rim style.

Or just dont drive into/on to curbs...
I'm glad your speedo is correct, I got a few tickets when I put my rims on...

Back