Flawless Cowboy, 91 xlt Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flawless Cowboy, 91 xlt Exploder

Hi I'm Craig from Hood River Oregon.

This is basically the condition i bought it in.
I've had to replace a the shocks, driver side wheel bearing, brakes, a fuel injector, valve cover gaskets, and an alternator.

SANY0661.jpg

After reading on this site for awhile i wanted to make my truck look a little more rugged so i installed some new lights and went playing in the snow.

SANY0735.jpg

The next day, I was at work taking a delivery in my truck when i hit a patch of ice when a guy stopped for a pedestrian. more damage to him than me.

SANY0017.jpg

I went to a junkyard the next week and picked up a bumper and grille for $80 dollars you pull it, at the same time on craigslist a grille guard was for sale so i bought it as well.

SANY0021.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

Then after that i put the lights back on only $20 at walmart, and put new tires on the truck after my tax returns.

SANY0026.jpg

Before.
SANY0807.jpg

SANY0808.jpg

After
SANY0805.jpg

SANY0806.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clean truck! :thumbsup: Keep up the good work!

nice x keep up good work

update.

Spray painted the rims black.

SANY0042.jpg

nice EX. :thumbsup: any possible mods in the future??

I know I haven't posted any updates for awhile but today I had to replace the idler pulley, future mods... possibly going to paint it cause the paint is peeling in a few places. This summer I have to replace the whole sun roof cause it leaks:(

Great looking Explorer... love the colour scheme!

Nice looking start to a first gen 4dr , i like the wheels black too !

update

Well its been awhile since i have posted anything on here, future updates on my explorer will probably be a new paint job... more than likely it will be a rattle can. I'm also thinking of putting on a set of second gen explorer rims, post pics after its done.

nice to see you back!

Check the sunroof drains make sure they are
Clear… any debris in those tubes and it will leak

Back