Fog Light Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Upgrade

I like my 9007 SilverStar headlamp bulbs ( with the Heavy Duty wiring harness - Dead Link Removed ) so much that I decided to upgrade my for light bulbs too. I simply had to wait until Sylvania made the H1 available.

Now that Sylvania is offering H1 bulbs in the SilverStar product line, I placed an order directly from Sylvania ( in view of the fact that no local outlet offers them ), I ordered from http://orderxenarc.sylvania.com/ord...910-4DFD-B9F7-51563302845D}&NC=1029200312259. The bulbs were $22.49 each, delivered to my door.

To install, first he fog light connector was detached and the bulb adapter was simply twisted and pulled from the housing. The old H1 bulb was removed from the adapter and replaced with the SilverStar H1 and the adapter was reinstalled. The entire swap took less than 3 minutes.

The difference was evident straight away; oh what an immediate visual improvement; money well spent.

This is definitely a meaningful upgrade for anyone interested in enhanced light output with a street legal bulb.

Attachments

• h1silverstar.jpg
    h1silverstar.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 480

Last night both of my Silver Star fog bulbs burned out. They lasted a little over 1 year.

I purchased another set today on sale for $28.00.

aldive said:
Last night both of my Silver Star fog bulbs burned out. They lasted a little over 1 year.

I purchased another set today on sale for $28.00.

Whoa, where did you purchase them? I have them for my headlights, but still need to get them for my fogs.

IAmTodd said:
Whoa, where did you purchase them? I have them for my headlights, but still need to get them for my fogs.

Advance Auto Parts.

Back