for sale: First Gen Winch Bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

for sale: First Gen Winch Bumper

selling my winch bumper off my old '91, I was holding onto it in case I got another explorer, but thats not likely. Here are some pictures of it on my old truck:
08-27-09_2156.jpg

08-24-09_1924.jpg

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

I'm asking $400 obo, will put a fresh coat of paint on it. The KC's and winch don't come with it, but I can include new fogs and side lights if buyer wants. If interested, we can work something out, bumper is still in memphis and I am in alabama.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man...if there was an easier way to get that from NJ i'd be all over it :(

I might be interested let me mull it over for a day or two....

If I still had a first gen I would be all over this. If you have ever seen his build thread on the 91 you would see the amount of work and steel put into this bumper. Well worth the asking price.

how does it mount?

I'd be very interested in pics of the back of it... just to rip off the design.

I'd be very interested in pics of the back of it... just to rip off the design.

Disregard. Just read about how you built it. 1/4 8X8 tube... that thing must weigh 250 with the winch. Sturdy though. Nice job.

actually it wasn't that bad, I could pick it up by myself. According to my quick and dirty math, the bumper is about 90lbs, plus 75 for the winch.

I loved the coopers, they were great, and will probably buy a set for my F-250 when I get to the point of buying new tires. Pretty quiet on the road, wore really well, and cleaned well in the mud.

If I still had a first gen I would be all over this. If you have ever seen his build thread on the 91 you would see the amount of work and steel put into this bumper. Well worth the asking price.

missed your endorsement, Thanks a lot! I will be building one for my F-250 soon, its gonna be even sweeter. You might have seen the one I just built for a bronco in my build thread.

how does it mount?

08-22-09_0052.jpg

You can kinda see the brackets in that pic. It uses the stock bolts in the stock locations. Really easy swap. Those bolts are very strong, I snatched and yanked and pulled all kinda stuff and never even bent one.

Right, thanks. My bumper looks similar but it is open in the back and is made of 3/16. I have to make my winch mount and mount that inside the bumper. Scratching my head a bit to be honest.

Memphis is farther than Alabama, going back to memphis any time soon?

I just bought a warn bumper but had to drive to Louisville to get it. I wish I had the patients to have waited.

BTW, I think I've asked you before, but where do you wheel around hear. All I know of is the Bottoms. They get all hogged out by the guys with the 40s. Other than that I have to go to Missouri or Arkansas.

Memphis is farther than Alabama, going back to memphis any time soon?

Actually yes, I'm here now. I was actually planning on taking it back to AL with me, so if you want it, I'll have it down there.

As far as wheeling in memphis, sadly, no I don't know anyplace but the river bottoms. There is sugar creek up in tipton county, but I'm not sure of the details on that.

Do you still have this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back