Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
And, to update, heard from Zeigler, and also confirmed with Ford Customer Service: ESP Premium Care, 84 months, 60K miles, shows on system by VIN. Great price, great purchasing experience, etc. Would recommend Zeigler in a heartbeat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear it Flounder!!!

I met a finance manager online on another Ford site who sells FORD ESP warranty's for $100 over his cost. I bought one for my 07 F250 and will be buying one from him for the explorer.

$1,600 = 6yr, 125,000 miles PREMIUM CARE, $50 deductible, first day rental.

PM me if you want his contact info (no I'm not a dealer or affiliated with one)

You can buy it anytime before the manufacturer's warranty runs out. But get this, the start of the ESP will revert to the date that your manufacturer's warranty started! I had to read that twice to make sure I was seeing it correctly. It was posted in a thread by Seni.

If you buy it over 12,000 miles but under 36,000 miles, you pay a higher price. It's the cheaper price from new up to 12,000 miles.

Last time I was in the dealership ordering a Ford Explorer the sales guy was giving me the pitch on the Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP). We did not talk price as I was really not all that interested, but he said its something to think about while I wait for my Explorer. So I came across the pamphlet today and looked at it. There is a bunch of different levels of plans and I am still not really sure about any of it. Any opinions about these service plans? Are they worth it to buy or just a waste of money?

OK...

The Premium Care is the only plan you want to consider. It's the highest/top of the line they offer.

Do a search for extended warranty. There are a few threads, one with many pages and replies, that talk about pricing and a good Ford dealer that sells them over the Internet.

Do NOT buy anything but a genuine Ford ESP extended warranty. Some dealers will offer third party warranty's.

Bottom Line :

• I would not "own" this Explorer past the warranty without the Ford ESP, to much technology in it.

• Only buy the Premium Ford ESP

• Research pricing - different mileage/time/deductible options

Good Luck!

Last time I was in the dealership ordering a Ford Explorer the sales guy was giving me the pitch on the Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP). We did not talk price as I was really not all that interested, but he said its something to think about while I wait for my Explorer. So I came across the pamphlet today and looked at it. There is a bunch of different levels of plans and I am still not really sure about any of it. Any opinions about these service plans? Are they worth it to buy or just a waste of money?
I would buy a Ford Extended Service plan for peace of mind Border_Explorer, and eventually the decision is up to you. For more information about the ESP’s available, check out Owner.Ford.com > Warranty & Service Plans > Extended Service Plans. There you can review the plans and choose which best suit your needs. You may contact the ESP Sales Service Center with any further questions you may have at 1-800-367-3377. Like drober30 said, there are also a few threads on the board that discuss ESP options. If there is anything I can do for you, drop me a line!

Cory

OK...

The Premium Care is the only plan you want to consider. It's the highest/top of the line they offer.

Do a search for extended warranty. There are a few threads, one with many pages and replies, that talk about pricing and a good Ford dealer that sells them over the Internet.

Do NOT buy anything but a genuine Ford ESP extended warranty. Some dealers will offer third party warranty's.

Bottom Line :

• I would not "own" this Explorer past the warranty without the Ford ESP, to much technology in it.

• Only but the Premium Ford ESP

• Research pricing - different mileage/time/deductible options

Good Luck!

Ditto..

When we got our '06, we wanted the ford ESP, it wasn't until we got to the singing of papers that I noticed the dealer was selling a 3rd party one. Their top of the line was similar to the Ford one. We don't like that they replaced the transmission with a used one but otherwise we didn't have any issues with it except it didn't last long enough (only 100k miles)

As drober30 said, look into different mileages and deductibles. We "should have" bought a higher mileage (150k)/lower year(5) version for ours as it would have saved money and gotten us a few more years..

Also, shop around. I found out I could get the Ford ESP much cheaper through a different dealer than through the dealer we got the vehicle from. In our case, the dealer we went through for our 06 mustang is one of those dealers that gives Ford a bad name....

~Mark

I agree with drober. I've never been a fan of extended warranties in the past, but now, in 2011, there is way too much technology in these things to not have it for the now incremental cost vs. the cost you would be paying to replace a major electronic piece or controlled system.

Wow- long ways away- Ziegler is local to me... :D

Because of all the electronics on this vehicle, I took out the Lease Care coverage. 48 months, 80,000km (50,000mile) and $0 deductible. Price was $1175 (CDN). Warranties are a bit like an insurance policy. You may or may not ever need to use it. It can give you peace of mind, if that counts for anything.

I'll be buying mine before the 1yr/12k is up. I have a Ford ESP on my diesel 6.0 and it has more then paid for itself.. I've broke even and now about $600-$800 ahead.

My one recommendation is to get the 1st day rental option. It doesn't matter how miinor the issue is, you drop the vehicle off and get a rental.. whether it's a 2 hour repair or a 1 week repair. Definately nice not having to sit and sit in the waiting room or wait for a ride or the courtesy shuttle to drop you off at a mall.

Lastly, do the math on the deductibles.. See how many visits it would take to go from the standard $100 deductible to the $50 one. I think it's 4 visits ($200 increase??) Then how many visits it would take to break even going to the $0 deductible.

I did the $50 on my truck, what I find myself doing is waiting on the little things to be fixed until I get a larger list of issues so I only have to pay 1 deductible. If I had the $0 one, I'd be dropping it off any and every time I have an issue without delay.

Premium with 0 ded. 7 yr 150000km warranty. Prices in Canada are insane. Way to high. Make sure you barter the Hell out of them. This is pure profit for the dealers. Give em ****.

I'm interested in the Ford ESP plan online. This is from the US, but I understand that the Ford ESP covers in both Canada and the US and I don't want to pay the Canadian pricing (Ford Canada annoys me when it comes to pricing - almost went to the US to buy and deal with import costs)

Okay, so Cory, or anyone else with experience, anything from stopping me from buying ESP anywhere in North America? How about the service plans?

Premium with 0 ded. 7 yr 150000km warranty. Prices in Canada are insane. Way to high. Make sure you barter the Hell out of them. This is pure profit for the dealers. Give em ****.

Ahh Chimoman ... you too have experienced the idiocy of Ford Canada pricing!

I did

I bought the Premium Care, the Wheel and Tire package, and all my service at 5k intervals. The dealer gave them to me for the lowest price he could, it was a great deal. They called it the gas and go package because all i have to do is put gas in it and drive. It is all through FORD nation wide for 6yr 75000 miles.

I also weighed heavily that I was buying a new vehicle during the first production run (typically known to have more issues). And also the vast amount of expensive electronics and LCD screens in this thing. I think the SYNC replacement is near 3K alone.

So I am about to purchase a Ford ESP from Zeigler online. I have read a bunch of posts, mostly positive, however about 1/3 of the posts are not positive saying things like Zeigler would not reply to emails, and nothing was ever mailed to them confirming that the warrantee was purchased.

The online quote was about 1/2 of what my dealer was offering, for the same plan.

Any comments (or concerns) about buying one of these plans online would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So I am about to purchase a Ford ESP from Zeigler online. I have read a bunch of posts, mostly positive, however about 1/3 of the posts are not positive saying things like Zeigler would not reply to emails, and nothing was ever mailed to them confirming that the warrantee was purchased.

The online quote was about 1/2 of what my dealer was offering, for the same plan.

Any comments (or concerns) about buying one of these plans online would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm in the same position as you. I'm looking to purchase a Ford ESP plan. I've seen on this forum the discussion of discounted prices from Zeigler which looks very attractive. I'm guessing that you can call Ford to make sure that your vehicle is reflected in their system with the extended coverage (if Zeigler doesn't mail you anything). I would prefer something be mailed to me as well. I noticed very similar pricing from Flood Ford (only $10 more than Zeigler) and they mention that they mail you an invoice and copy of the contract and don't charge your credit card until after the information is mailed to you. Does anyone have any experience or information regarding Flood Ford? vs. Ziegler? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought from Zeigler after some research. They emailed me a confirmation, but just to be sure I called my local Ford dealer and had them check the system to verify that I was in, and with the correct ESP years/mileage.

Back