Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Although my policy states that I will be reimbursed from the time I drop my car off for warranty repair, it is my understanding that the dealer will provide the rental. Most dealerships have a rental company on the grounds, or close by if they don't actually have some loaner cars themselves.

If for some reason I had to pay and then get reimbursed, it's not a big deal for me. The First Day Rental allows a car from the time you drop yours off for warranty work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My experience with the PREMIUM ESP has been that the dealer provides the first day rental, whether during the initial 3yrs/36k period or afterwards. The only catch is the availability of rental cars at the time you need one. The last time I went in for service there were no rental cars available so I had to wait until one was returned & was checked over.

First day rental is available at the time of drop off. It doesn't matter whether it is a 1 hour repair or 1 week repair. Obviously it doesn't cover maintenance items like oil changes etc.

Some dealers have their own fleet. One of my Ford dealers has about 12 Ford rentals that they own and put you in one of those first. If they are all spoken for (need to reserve at the time the appointment is made), then they call enterprise and enterprise adjusts their rates to the $30 per day fee. I always go with the 1st day rental.. this time with my new truck on order, I'm going to go with the $50 per day for 10 days instead of the $30 per day for 30 days.

It's extremely rare you will be without your car more then 10 days at a time and I'm tired of the damn Toyota Corolla rentals. I'll take an SUV at no charge all day long.

premium care coverage

Is there anyway to tell whether a particular part is covered by Premium Care or not?

For example, the backrest on my cooled seats no longer gets cool (the seat part is still nice and chilly). I'm guessing the fan in the seatback is broken.

I have seen the list of covered components on the Ford website, and cooled seats are not explicitly listed. That being said, they are also not listed as a component that is not covered.

Is there a more definitive list of the parts covered/not-covered than the general categories shown on the Ford website (http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPlanDetail)?

Your seats should be covered if you have the Premium ESP. Can't speak of the lesser ones Ford offers. It is no different then the heating functionality of the seats and those have been covered for me on a different vehicle by Ford.

Quick ESP Question

Hey everyone, newbie here so I apologize if this in the wrong spot. I've been thinking about getting a ESP for my Explorer but wanted to see what ya'll thought on the forum.
The place I'm looking at getting it from was recommended to me by a couple of family friends and seems to offer pretty good deals. It's: http://www.warrickfordwarrantyonline.com/ford-explorer-extended-warranty in case anyone is in the market as well.

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts, who do you use, all that jazz. Thanks!

I used Warrick. Their first quote was higher than others that I had found. When I told them that they were high, they responded with a quote that was lower than everyone else. They were easy to deal with, and the whole process took only minutes.

Welcome to the Forum EricMurphyVC.:wavey:
I have merged your thread with this existing one. Lots of info here. Your profile just shows 2010? Is it the one you are looking to get an ESP for?:dunno:
Good luck.

Peter

Your seats should be covered if you have the Premium ESP. Can't speak of the lesser ones Ford offers. It is no different then the heating functionality of the seats and those have been covered for me on a different vehicle by Ford.

According to the brochure Peter linked above, "fabric" is not covered by the premium ESP. I can see the heater functionality being covered, but fabric is a bigtime wear and tear item that I would not expect to be covered except under the original 3 year warranty.

Is there anyway to tell whether a particular part is covered by Premium Care or not?

For example, the backrest on my cooled seats no longer gets cool (the seat part is still nice and chilly). I'm guessing the fan in the seatback is broken.

I have seen the list of covered components on the Ford website, and cooled seats are not explicitly listed. That being said, they are also not listed as a component that is not covered.

Is there a more definitive list of the parts covered/not-covered than the general categories shown on the Ford website (http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPlanDetail)?

I am sure since the defective part is mechanical and has nothing to do with fabric or cloth, it will be covered.

I had the driver's side seat-belt on my F150 that quit retracting by itself, I had to feed it back in. The service adviser said my Ford ESP did not cover it because it was not listed.

I had him call the Ford warranty line for dealers, and they said no problem covering it, even though it wasn't listed as covered. They can not put every single item in the brochure that is covered, hence the list of what isn't covered.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund on the unused portion of the ESP I have now on my 2011 Explorer? I am thinking of selling it.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund on the unused portion of the ESP I have now on my 2011 Explorer? I am thinking of selling it.
I believe you can in the U.S. I would think that an ESP might help as a selling point.

Peter

I believe you can in the U.S. I would think that an ESP might help as a selling point.

Peter

I guess my next question is it transferable?

I guess my next question is it transferable?
Yes it is but there is a cost for doing it. Not sure how much though. My 2011 Limited had 1 year left on a 48 month PremiumCare when the dealer took it back and the subsequent owner paid to have the ESP transferred to him.

Peter

I recently purchased a 2011 Explorer Limited that the original owner had purchased a 7 year/100K PremiumCare Extended Service Plan. That ESP expires on 2/17/2018. I purchased he vehicle on 3/28/2015. The original owner could have gotten an ~ $1350 refund, less a $75 canceling fee, but transferred the remainder of the plan to me, I paid him $1000 for it. The fine folks at Ford told me that I would need a letter of authorization from the original owner and there would be a $75 transfer fee and I would have to go through a dealer to do it. My local dealer initiated the transfer on my behalf and only charged me $50.

Prior to the transfer I checked pricing of the same 3 year/36K $100 deductible Premium Care ESP from Ford and was quoted $2900. I also checked with Ziegler and their quote was $1900 for the same plan.

Had a great experience with Troy from this site http://fd-warranty.com/index.html

He was professional, quick and extremely cost effective compared to the dealer I purchased from and a couple of others I contacted.

Thanks Troy!!

Any Canadians get a quote recently?

I've heard from an F150 friend that the prices are going up for the ESPs, maybe due to bad exchange rates. This would only make sense if you consider that the ESP is a US product sold through Cdn dealers...?

This is a great thread. For years I have been the ESP at the dealership and paying way too much I have just recently discovered. In the past on some higher end vehicles I have purchased the coverage for the tires and rims and also purchased a plan with oil changes. I have mostly been looking at Flood Ford and think I am going to go with them for my ESP when I order my 2016 Explorer Limited. I did not see a section on their for anything other than the ESP. Didn't see coverage for tires/rims or oil change packages. Are those available through the sites and maybe I am just missing the link or are those things just offer through dealership? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

premium extended warranty worth $1996

I am in the process of buying used 2014 limited with 41K miles. The Ford dealer is trying to sell me a premium extended warranty for $1996 for 48K miles starting at the current milage (plus 48K) is it worth it? Maybe for all the tech in the vehicle? It has every bell and whistle you can think of. Opinions please.
I went to a site that just seemed to be a ***** board people complaining about it being a scam. WDYT?

Back