Fordyce Creek Trail | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fordyce Creek Trail

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
:eek:

Ray there is a number you can call to get daily updates on the water level of that creek... I don't know it but I have seen it posted on P4x4 before...

Thanks Ryan,
I'll have to go find it. I can take water, but not when it's raging.
I don't want to be standing on my roof waiting for a winch back out. Like these guys
4th_timbo.jpg

Got snorkle?

I'd love that number too, if you find it.

I have determined that my rig is not nearly equipped for Fordyce. It probably never will be either. But I am still interested in doing a Northern California run. Any opinions?

The area that Fordyce trail starts, Eagle lakes, (right off 80) is a great place to fool around. There's easy river crossings and other fun stuff, not too difficult.

Just found this thread and I was wondering who is getting a 4x4 trip together? Anyone? Just thought I would revive this thread and see what happens.

Hey Derrick, I actually just got back from a weekend in that area. I didn't go very far into the actual trail but it looks like the water might still be pretty high. Judging from the amount of water around. Me and some buddies are gonna do it again at the end of the Summer and run it all the way through. That's the plan anyway. You're welcome to come along. My truck is definitely more prepared and hopefully things will go better than last time. You saw the sides of my truck at Salton Sea.:p

Yes please keep me posted. It looks like to be a fun and challanging run. I don't like the deep water crossing so the end of the summer sounds good. So did you get some nerf bars or something to protect the rocker panels?

With all the damage already I figured is would be waste of money to protect that which is already damaged. But I will keep you in the loop.

Back