• Register Today It's free!

Freaky problem

Explorer2011

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer V8
I got a 98 ford explorer I go work early in morning which I use my headlights I'll be driving and my Dash and headlights and radio will turn off for a second and come back on but lose no power in the engine. Then the abs light come on. It does it randomly how expensive is this problem to fix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do your headlights stay on but just the interior gauge lights cut out? if so, try replacing the headlight switch. i had the same problem, got a new headlight switch from kragen for 15 bucks. you have to take apart your dash to replace it which is kind of a pain, but once you get to it, its all plug n play. easy fix. hope this helps.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...ake=Ford&model=Explorer+Sport+Trac&vi=1414538

No headlights and all go out for a split second

check your battery terminals. Thats what happened to me. $5 fix in about 5 min.

check your battery terminals. Thats what happened to me. $5 fix in about 5 min.

Just had all my terminals re-soldered because i wasn't getting enough amps before but this problem just started happening lately..

Sound's like you have a short to me than. Try moving different wiring harnesses with your lights on and see if they cut out

Back