Fuel Pressure Regulator problem? - FIXED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pressure Regulator problem? - FIXED

daydreamer

Reaction score
City, State
East Central Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4X4
I pulled the dual vacuum lines off of the EVR vacuum solenoid and gas poured out. I suspect the fuel pressure regulator is leaking gas into the vacuum lines. I have a "94 XLT with 236,000 miles. I have a couple of codes 137, 173 KOER (HO2S, L + R, sensor fault, always rich.) My question is when I replace the regulator do I have to lubricate the O-ring before installing? Can I just use a little bit of engine oil? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you need to know what the codes mean or do you allr eady know?

and give me a few minutes, i'll consult my haynes manual and see what it says

Ford TSP says to lubricate a set of new o-rings with a light oil, they say Ford spec ESE-M2C39 or equiv. Not to use silicone grease as it will clog the injectors.

I went ahead and changed the fuel pressure regulator. Now I am getting no codes and the check engine light is off. :)

I use ATF or Vaseline to lube fuel system o rings

Nice work!

I went ahead and changed the fuel pressure regulator. Now I am getting no codes and the check engine light is off. :)

What problem were you experiencing to cause you to replace this? I have a fuel pump that runs continuously and its been replaced and has the same problem. I dont have a clue what to do from here but it wont start for me to take it somehwere to get looked at.

Back