Fuel pump issue??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump issue???

Just when I think I've heard it all..

Ooooh man it is friggin hilarious. Just do it nonchalant and then pretend to be surprised about it after she screams. :D She won't talk to ya for weeks! Off the hook and in the garage! :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HOLY ****BALLZ BATMAN!!! You have dual -10AN feeding your rails!!! Talk about overkill! Hell I am running dual -8 AN steel braided hose to feed my rails and know it will support over 1,000 horsepower! hehe. I guess there is nothing like building for the future. ;) I take it your running -10AN from the tank and then splitting it with a Y fuel block and continuing with -10AN from there?

I stand corrected. It is indeed dual -8AN supply and -6AN returns.
The supplies are fed thru a Y block. I could have routed a single supply to driver side rail, then across at rear to other. I think I will re-do this also.
I will keep the dual returns to regulator.

Your take? It will eliminate quite a bit of fuel line--and leak points.

I have been on phone with Walbro rep--thru hooking up and being friendly, I think I might get a GSS 307 at cost----we'll see. This is what they ship to Holley---a bit of insider info there!

I stand corrected. It is indeed dual -8AN supply and -6AN returns.
The supplies are fed thru a Y block. I could have routed a single supply to driver side rail, then across at rear to other. I think I will re-do this also.
I will keep the dual returns to regulator.

Your take? It will eliminate quite a bit of fuel line--and leak points.

I have been on phone with Walbro rep--thru hooking up and being friendly, I think I might get a GSS 307 at cost----we'll see. This is what they ship to Holley---a bit of insider info there!

Well I would keep the dual feed to the rails if you plan to up the power in the future. Yeah, you could snake it aroung from one rail and to the next with one side of the FPR plugged and the other connected to the back of the rail but then your limiting your fuel flow a little more than if you went dual feeds to the back (or front) of the rails and then went dual feeds to the FPR and then -6 from there to the tank. From what I gather it seems your fine just the way you are and can stand to make some more power before maxxing out your fuel system. Of course the next limiting factor (not including injectors) will be your single fuel pump. Once you want to support more power then just install a second fuel pump inside the tank and run dual -8AN to a -8, -8, -10 AN Y block and -10AN through a -10AN fuel filter and then back out to a -8,-8,-10 AN Y block again and to your dual -8AN rail feeds. Don't worry about leak points. It is not too common to have AN fittings leak. Just make sure that your running O-rings where needed for certain fittings. Usually aftermarket rails need O-ringed AN fittings.

Yeah, the GSS307 is what seems to be the big thing nowaways. I know it was the GSS342 back 4 years ago but maybe Walbro changed something and renamed the pump.

JT Hold the phone!

I found the perfect solution...1500psi injection machine!!

http://www.webac.com/HP100.php

:eek: It would look like I was doing something else while driving, a guy could get arrested for that---

OH
I never posted

I have a dash that is hanging, and a tank which is sitting--under a truck that is not running.
tank is clean-sock is fine

I hooked the pump to my battery---bumping it with my palm caused it to sputter and start back up again.

Brushes????

ha ha no I am not taking it apart!!!

new pump time, man you are like the 4th person I talk to in the last 6 months that had a newish aftermarket high PSI fail.
I have not had good luck with fancy dancy aftermarket "racing" pumps either
Heck the $39 holley I put in my carbed BMW when i was 16 was electric and it ran forever, the OEM pumps in my BII go for at least 60K+

big $$$ does not always = big quality

How many of them said "bosch" on them like mine does?

This is getting very interesting. I am looking for these--

Walbro pump GSS307
Install kit 400-A12
or complete kit GCA-719-2

Rep tells me the last 200 in his control went to--- BBK!!!!!!
( I wonder if they are warranty replacements ha ha)

He gave me a couple of dealers who will cut me a deal, if they have them
The guy on ebay just sold his last 10 in one shot--seems like the pump of choice.

You could do like rocket said and run a boost/supply pump in the tank and a rail mounted fancy dancy racing pump, they are cheaper and easier to service.
It jsut so happens the factory BII fuel pump system is setup this way, and it works quite well! of course you do have two pumps, but the one in the tank is not under high demand, its cheap, and they last a long time. This opens up your options for a high PSI pump a bit wouldnt it?

Since you want to do some plumbing why stop at the fuel rail? hahaha

On left is the walbro GSS307-GSS340 pickup ( 340 is for high pressure returnless)
middle is GSS341, right is GSS342.

Attachments

• pump_ends.jpg
    pump_ends.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,872

Well, the story brews you guys
Just got off the phone with the rep again, he called back a bit frantic, but i re-assured him. He was going to phone distributors and stop this.
It won't work, he said, because of the wiring issue (different plug)
I assured him I can handle re pinning a connector. No big deal.
Although, he did say, they will not stand behind it, especially if it fails in a "Big way" ha ha---

I have one located from a 100 percent ebayer ( recommended by rep no less) for 75 shipped, and the install kit for 15 shipped.

That saves me enough $$ to pay for the heater core---

fancy dancy aftermarket "racing" pumps either

big $$$ does not always = big quality

Walbro 255 LPH pumps aren't really racing pumps at all. They are a higher flow OEM design intank fuel pump. A racing pump is something like an Aeromotive A-1000 or the like.

Those 255lph fuel pumps only cost a little over $100. Not neccessarily big money at all compared to the real racing pumps that cost $400+ per pump.

Just giving things a little perspective. ;)

Look what I got in the mail today---
notice the little piece to right---
should all be one piece:mad:

He is sending a new one---

Attachments

• fuel_pump_001.jpg
    fuel_pump_001.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 224

^^^^^^^^^^^
It was a packing issue--
new guy used a 3 foot, instead of 2 foot roll of bubblewrap, which made package too tight when stuffed into the box---

I must say this guy is right on top of it--responded to my e-mail in about 10 minutes--then another to ask about packing.

Good times

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back