George Washington National Forest June 2009 Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington National Forest June 2009 Run

are u still gonna have a run cause i would go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, at least fishfood and myself are still planning to go, Saturday.

like what date

ah dam i cant do that having a huge party at my friends

Saturday 8/29

I'll check the bus schedule (the wife and I driving the kids around) and let you know. I'm free, but I have one that just started marching band practice and another one with cross country practices, so need to see what the weekend has in store for us...

i wanna go but my truck wont make it :(

could a stocker make it???? or not even bother ??

Looks like my schedule is clear, but I did some work on the front end and need to see if I can get it aligned tomorrow. It's close enough for around town, but not ready for a trip.

I'll let you know by Friday afternoon if I'm in and then can figure out a place to meet.

thanks!

Okay, got the truck back and every thing looks good, so I'm in if you guys are still going. I'll be coming from Fredericksburg - don't recall where I met up with Fishfood last time, but if the plan is to head out 64W, I'll probably come down Rte 15.

Let me know what time and where...

I think we were doing Zions Cross Road at 10 and Trail head at 11.

Channel 7 on the CB,
My mobile is 804 901-2176 (John)
Fishfood is 804 512-9288 (Stacey)

A Gen III stocker could make it, but it will drag on rocks. I would say that the question would be do you have front and rear tow hooks. You will likely need a tug or two from time to time.

I think we were doing Zions Cross Road at 10 and Trail head at 11.

Sounds good. I'll meet you at Zions Crossroads at 1000. I'll check the site in the morning - let me know if anything changes.

My cell is 540-273-7232

Paul

my truck is a 97 sport, 16'' tires, , yeah raw furry!!!!!!!l lol
i'm goignto need to lift it later i think ,

My bad, your signature says 2002 sport. A 97 sport would do much better, and should not drag on much.

pics,,,,,,?? and yeah sorry i should of stated that, i sold the sport,, my chick was preg,, lost it, and we broke up , sooooooooooooooooooo now i'm back on the scene,, :) Any pics of the trip??

ditto on the pics id like to see what this place looks like i havent yet seen any pics of this place iv only heard of it

Well, I got back OK, a little tired, otherwise unscathed. The trail was a bit more challenging than the last time I was there.

Attachments

• DSC07720 (Small).JPG
    DSC07720 (Small).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC07723 (Small).JPG
    DSC07723 (Small).JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC07730 (Small).JPG
    DSC07730 (Small).JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC07743 (Small).JPG
    DSC07743 (Small).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 160

Some more pics

Attachments

• DSC07756 (Small).JPG
    DSC07756 (Small).JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 778
  • DSC07762 (Small).JPG
    DSC07762 (Small).JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC07784 (Small).JPG
    DSC07784 (Small).JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 643
  • DSC07785 (Small).JPG
    DSC07785 (Small).JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 296

looks fun, hmm might be a lil much for a stocker though,, how deep were the creek crossings? I saw a bunch of videos off of youtube on that trail. More pics please,,lol
Thanks,
DAVE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There really aren't many creek crossings. There were several mudholes. They might have be a foot or two. They are all on the Bald Knob end of the trail.

Back