Getting Tints... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Tints...

whats up guys, im planning on getting tints for my 92 X, but one thing that that really turns me off, that ive seen alot (cardomain.com) is that people get limo tents over the factory tints (which looks good) but then they tint the front driver and front passenger windows as well, but in doing so, since the back windows have glossy tint, and then limo tint over it, and the driver/pass. doors originally had no tint, so to get to my point, the back windows looked more glossy, and the driver/pass door on the front looked like a flat black get me? i was wondering.. how the hell could u correct it, so they both gloss, or they both dont, cuz it looks horrible, i hope you guys understand what im trying to get at.... to let u know my plans, i plan on using limo tints on the back four windows, 20% on the front pass/driver door, and on the hatch. but i want to avoid the glossy tint/flat tint color combo... i feel like im being confusing..... :eek: let me know!

I know what you mean, the majority of the 1st gen X's have the stupid mirror privacy glass.

I just recently had mine tinted, but I didnt have the mirror privacy glass, I had a factory 75% tint on the back windows, so it didnt effect it much.

I guess there isnt much to say other than if you dont like it, get new glass, b/c it would seem unavoidable to have that effect if thats what happens when you throw tint over it

why are you getting the back hatch 20% why not do it limo too? IMHO i tihnk it would look goofy to do the back 4 windows limo and not the hatch, now i can see not doing the front doors limo, cause well, i know it can be a pain at night to see, on dark streets i have to roll down my window to make sure theres nothing there tham im going to hit....

And yea only way i think of getting rid of factory tint is new windows, as i think the tint that comes factory is actually IN the windows, if it was like the normal aftermarket tint, you could just take a razor and take it off...

Back