• Register Today It's free!

GPS malfunction/no compass

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
I tried using the sync destinations app on my iPhone to send directions to the car tonight and it came up with a message that the GPS something malfunctioned and was unable to get my location. I didn't need the directions, just wanted to try them lol. Then when I was driving I noticed my compass never changed no matter where I turned. Another thing I believe is GPS related is the calander, it's stuck in 2010. Is this something that has to be dealer fixed or is it something simple I can do like disconnecting the battery?

I tried using the sync destinations app on my iPhone to send directions to the car tonight and it came up with a message that the GPS something malfunctioned and was unable to get my location. I didn't need the directions, just wanted to try them lol. Then when I was driving I noticed my compass never changed no matter where I turned. Another thing I believe is GPS related is the calander, it's stuck in 2010. Is this something that has to be dealer fixed or is it something simple I can do like disconnecting the battery?
Disconnecting the battery should be a last resort as it will also affect other current settings and 'learned' programs.
You can try a Master Rest but that, I believe, would result in some lost settings with the MFT and you would have to 're pair' your phone again. Pulling fuse #29 was an early favourite but you would have to be a contortionist to get at the fuse box.
Have you tried taking the A4 nav card out and reinserting it to see if a link with the GPS is re-established?

Peter

This should fix it....

Have you tried taking the A4 nav card out and reinserting it to see if a link with the GPS is re-established?

Peter

This should fix it....
Hopefully it will. Even then it can take a while to link up. Mine took 5 minutes the other day to finally get the signal after I came out of my garage.

Peter

Back