Guy claims his V8 5.2 X gets 26-27mpg | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Guy claims his V8 5.2 X gets 26-27mpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds a little BS to me but you never know, they just could have done his X right.

i think that guys math is wrong, by a long shot.

I think it could be done. Why would he lie on a weather board about his Miles Per Gallon?

Have I been sleeping, what is a 5.2 V8?

unless he transplanted a Dodge 318 V8 into his Explorer he does not have a 5.2 liter,

if its a 03' its a 4.6 and it is very very doubtful that he gets that kind of mileage,

my 95 t-bird has the 4.6 and i barely get 25 mpg

LOL 5.2 V8 with part time 4WD in an Explorer. Please enlighten this guy for us. He's full of poo!

Um guys Chill out on this dude, Im running a Swapped in 4.06L and im gettign roughly 29mpg, see i didnt want to tell yall, because this motor is topsecret, but oh well yall made me spill the beans :rolleyes:

But seriously, this guy is a FOOL!

the guy is a fool....but if he had said 4.6 with AWD, i prob would have believed him...if i can squeeze 25 out of mine doing 70 with cruise, he prob could, too.

eh, he's still a dummy

maybe he owns a durango and doesnt know what kind of truck it is...

As someone wrongly posted in that threat there is a selectable 4wd in the new Explorers. This guy also likely has a SOHC, and just thinks its a V8. I'm glad no one on this site is that silly.

And yes I'm poking fun at BBqHotdogs :p And Aldive did make 30mpg if my memory serves me right.

but still he said 5.2 liter

Mbrooks420 said:
As someone wrongly posted in that threat there is a selectable 4wd in the new Explorers. This guy also likely has a SOHC, and just thinks its a V8. I'm glad no one on this site is that silly.
And yes I'm poking fun at BBqHotdogs :p And Aldive did make 30mpg if my memory serves me right.
ROFL, I almost didn't catch that last line and kind of slid down in my chair. Thanks for remembering me. LOL, I still laugh about that one. Brooks, if you could have seen my face that day that I popped that hood at the audio store and read 4.0L SOHC, you would have died laughing. I really thought that since they had the truck so long, they totally swapped engines in it. LOL, guess I will never live that down for as long as I am alive. Also the other day cleaning out my office here, I found the "original" dealer writeup that I downloaded and printed when I was searching their dealership for a new vehicle, it clearly states on it, 4.0L, but who reads all of that anyway, LOL. I guess I should.

at least you know what your driving!

most the people that come into where i work to get tires and whatnot don't even know what the hell they are driving

Back