Has anyone managed to actually fix the heated seats? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone managed to actually fix the heated seats?

the number on the part is not a Part number, but an Engineering number , it will be close to the part number.

Hi Peter. Thank you! So I have not torn into the car yet to expose the TEDs, but I have shopped around online at different Ford OEM parts places and if I were to order replacement TEDs for the car the cushion one would be part#: 8A5Z-19N550-C and the seat back part#: AA5Z-19N550-A. If it would be more helpful to have the part numbers of the existing TEDs in the car, I can certainly try to jam my phone under the seat and snap some photos in attempts to get the part number...
No, photos aren't needed. Was just seeing if Levittown Ford had better prices than what you came up with but the cushion price seems to be in the ballpark. The only thing is Levittown is a forum vendor and offers members a discount. Something to keep in mind.
Good luck.

Peter

No, photos aren't needed. Was just seeing if Levittown Ford had better prices than what you came up with but the cushion price seems to be in the ballpark. The only thing is Levittown is a forum vendor and offers members a discount. Something to keep in mind.
Good luck.

Peter
Thanks for the info, Peter. Being a newbie here, I was completely unaware of this. From what I am seeing, the cushion TED is $123.60 and the backrest TED is $124.80. Those prices come from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake.

Well...Forscan proved to be highly beneficial!! Best $60 I ever spent was on the OBDII dongle from Amazon. It likely saved me a ton of time, money and guess work. I fired up Forscan and quickly found a DTC in the seat climate module. The code was B272C. Did a quick YT search for this code and found a video that showed how to monitor the Temps in all of the TEDs using Forscan data logger. Went back to Forscan and monitored those parameters and finally got my answer. The drivers side backrest TED would not heat up at all. The seat cushion would take right off but the back wouldn't rise more than a degree or two before the system would fault out. I now know that the backrest TED is the culprit. Luckily for me, it is by far the easier of the two TEDs to access and replace. I'll be ordering the part today. Thanks for all the help! Now....if I can only figure out how to solve the notorious Ford back up camera issue. SMH. That's for another thread though.

Back