Hella 500 question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hella 500 question

i just purchased a set of hella 500 driving lights to go on a westin safari bar that should be here within a few days, so here is my question, i was lookin at the instructions and a few things on there are a lil bit vague, such as there are 2 wires leaving the light itself, a black and a blue, i know where the blacks go but what about the blues??? and how about which wire is the high beam? i took a look today and i have a black(ground) a green and a white/green, which do i tap into?? thanx

Blue goes to the ground like your bumper where you mount the light.
the wire for the high beams I have no idea. I like a switch myself instead of when the hi beams are on. When you find the wire to tap, it goes to the relay as well. Good luck. I just got my 2nd set of hellas and I will be installing them before moab.

get a $4 needle tester, put the lights on high, and see where the juice is...mine was the far right facing the front..you may also want to change the fuse holder, mine would jar loose, so I took it out and installed a blade holder..and if I'm not mistaking the black from the light was hot and the blue ground..BTW I love the lights

Oops, i told you wrong about the blue wire. iIt goes to the ground like your bumper. I corrected my post above. I just installed my second set of 500's tonight and i realized i told you wrong.

Here is a thought.. (what I did with mine)

Put the hellas on the rocker switch that came with the kit and tie the relaz into a parking light. This waz you onlz get power to the lights when zou have the zour headlights on. Zou can then control the 500s with the rocker switch.

Also go for a set of the H4 80/100 replacement headlight bulbs. Zou will have more than enough light on the road.

(Keep the fuse close to the batterz...)

Sorrz for the damn Z thing. I just noticed it. Im working in Vienna this month and on a German kezboard.. This thing is all screwz.

Best regards
hg

Back