• Register Today It's free!

Help Finding Rear Wiper Post

SupaSwope

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer 5.0 RWD
There was someone who posted in the forums, I don't know how long ago because I think I found it on google. Where a guy wired a gen 3 was it? or late gen 2 glass where the wiper motor section is on the glass rather then in the hatch.

So basically he took the glass with wiper and wired it up manually. Can anyone help me find that post? I have been trying different keywords in google for a while now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. Got it. Won't lose it this time.

Thanks for reminding me. I posted a reply to the main summary of the project, and a reply to the first post he had of diagrams of the wiring changes. If you have the current extension Turdle posted in a thread recently, you can use the PB pictures to access the member's pictures. You can scroll through them, for now, while dodging tons of advertisements on the "new" PB site.

The project is to mount a late 2nd gen Explorer Sport hatch glass, onto any 2nd gen Explorer. That wiper motor was only on the glass in 2003, and late 2002.

I don't know about the extension, I'm guessing I missed it.

Funny thing about that is, I don't know if you remember but I made post/write up about switching gen 2 lift gates between explorer/mountaineer. My truck rear hatch did not open or anything so I went and got anther from the junkyard. I also picked up a sport glass with the wiper on the glass at the time but didn't realize it and thought it was useless and tossed it...

So after getting the new hatch it still didn't work so I went to the junkyard and pulled a fresh motor. I mean I didn't mean to but the thing looked brand new. And I installed it and it didn't work so I said screw it and moved on. But now I am back to the rear wiper. Me being in florida kinda wanted it to work lol.

So after reading that post about how to rewire or make it work I had seen people were still using their old wire harness and switch setup so I looked back into my original setup.

So turns out that new motor I installed I can move by hand pretty freely and feel the gear turning as I move it back and forth. But after scanning my truck with 4scan I realized there was a bigger issue. The #8 and #10 relays in my box are missing... So now I am going to go to the junkyard in a few weeks and try and pull some relays to use. Because the only things that showed up on for scan were, switch code(I have it unpluged right now) and wiper up relay and down replay. So I think I might be able to fix this one hopefully. If not. Im gonna grab a sport hatch glass and wire it up.

Back