help me pick new tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help me pick new tires

i have some nearly bald 33's goin on the truck for time being but once i get a job and some money built up, i'm buyin me some NEW 35's. i like the tread pattern for the BFG MT's and also the TOYO open country MT's. so basically i like the mud terrain tires but i don't go offroad all that much any more. i do with the club but other then that i'll need the tires to stand up to street driving... any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had some 37/13.50/17 Toyo MT's on my F150 and I would have to say they are the best tires I've ever had....period. They are quiet on the road and are beasts off road!! I currently have 33" BFG MT's on my Ranger and they are good to.....I still like Toyo better.

I've had GREAT luck with BFG MT's...long wear for a mud tire.

any other brands or tires you recommend besides the toyo and bfgs?

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor :D

All terrain tire, fantastic off and on the road, i have driven in snow, rain, hot summer days. I am very pleased with this tire and i will be buying the same tire once these wear out. You can also try reading reviews on TireRack as well as opinions from the forum.

BFG MT's are your best bet for the most aggressive looking tire possible, that still handles the pavement well and will have a decent tread life. I love mine on and off-road... quiet too!

should i stuff 35s in my fenders or just stick with 33's? i have the 5.5" lift and don't really wanna go all that much higher. was thinkin an inch or more maybe...

Back