Help wrong ecu tuner got hooked up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help wrong ecu tuner got hooked up

Nepats89

Reaction score
City, State
Emporia va
Ok I bought a 2000 ford explorer Eddie Bauer I got it real cheap because the guy that had it said he used his sct scanner he had for his crown vic and tuned the explorer not thinking it was going to set the truck to run like the 4.6 he said he drove it n it was knocking so he figure he replace the comp he did that now I got it it runs rough no knock but a ticking noise transmission is cooked and sometime wen u have it running it will just cut off the display for gas always says 0 mile to empty even if u put 50 In it please help what all would I need to do to get this thing running smooth again

In my opinion, junk it. You're probably going to spend years tracking down and fixing all the little problems that will show up from some idiot with a tuner that doesn't know what he's doing. The engine is probably already on it's way to going now, the trans is already damaged, who and knows if the computer was even the right one.

If the body's in good shape, maybe it'll be worth something to someone who needs good sheet metal. Otherwise, your powertrain is basically compromised.

Back