Help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!

So I broke down and bought a scanner. I have no codes...now I'm really clueless. What does this mean now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I broke down and bought a scanner. I have no codes...now I'm really clueless. What does this mean now.
Doesn't the Computer hold the codes? Possibly the Computer is at fault.

One other thing,Check the EGR valve and make sure it isn't stuck. Can't remember which Open or shut but I do remember if it is stuck the car will not start.

Things I have replaced so far:
EGR valve, EGR tube, EGR solenoid, EGR position sensor, hoses from EGR tube to sensor, coil packs, plug wires, plugs, cam sensor and crank sensor.

I have had the PCM tested. Tested good.
Bought OBDII code reader and got zero codes. Friend told me to check all connections for looseness or corrosion, which I will do when I get out of work Monday.

One other thing,Check the EGR valve and make sure it isn't stuck. Can't remember which Open or shut but I do remember if it is stuck the car will not start.

I've got no spark. That's what my current issue is right now and I'm still trying to figure it out. I may be able to find it Monday afternoon.

Well I cleaned as many connections as I can get too. Still same thing, no spark.

Will anything throw a code while I'm cranking? I did notice that my tachometer doesn't move while cranking but don't remember if it did or not when it was running(as far as just before it started).

OK, so I have still no spark.... I'm going to be calling around to a few dealerships to compare prices for the diagnosis.

Does anybody have any insight as to what could be going on here? I really don't want to take it to the stealership.

OK, that wire bundle going down to the crank sensor. Check it. See if you have ckp sensor signal at the PCM while cranking.
Then see if you have the spark signal to the coils.

You are using motorcraft platinum plugs, correct?

How do I go about checking the ckp signal and spark signal? I know I'm getting power to the center contact for the coils but how do I go about checkin the signal?

And yes I use motorcraft everything when I can. I believe I have the fine wire plugs.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

So I feel completely retarded now... My truck runs now. Had someone come out to look at it as it was way cheaper then taking it to the stealership($80 vs. $120 diagnostic +towing fees). It was a faulty relay for the ignition. Should have figured it was something simple. Thing that gets me is I had already swapped around relays to test that, but apparently I have more than one bad relay.

Back