Here are some pictures of my 98 Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here are some pictures of my 98 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Hope you like the pictures guys. Tell me what you think. It's by no means complete, but you know these things take time. Hope this works. If it doesn't, can somebody tell me what I did wrong?
View
View
View
View

[Edited by Brian Ward on 01-24-2001 at 09:02 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sharp! I like the duals wheels and clear tails! Keep up the work!
Pete

Thats a clean looking truck. Looks really good. Keep it up!! lata

Thanks guys!

Got a long way to go before it's done(yea right, like they're ever done) but it's a good start. I have to either fab up or break down and buy a front mount receiver so I can mount the S9000 Superwinch I had on my other truck. Might do that this weekend! I'll updated the pics when I do. Then, next step, LIFT IT!! A 2" body lift and torsion/shackles. Then, pause for butt chewin' from wife. Then, 31x11.50 Swamper SSR's. Then, duck from wifes iron thrown at my head, then maybe wait until I see something else I "Just Have To Have!"

Later on fellas!

Brian,
nice truck, are those Ford center caps u put on those rims? looks really sharp. the duals are cool too.
Rick

Center caps

Rick,

The caps are special edition American Racing/Ford pieces. They are also chrome metal, not plastic. When I get a chance, I'll get a better close up of them and post it. Thanks for the compliments, your ride is very sweet, too!

Brian,
that is cool, i didnt know american racing had those available. being metal is even better, my centerline centercaps are metal too. i was quite impressed with the quality of them. i had american racing wheels on a 79 trans am a few years ago, and the centercaps were cheesy plastic.
Rick

Center caps

Rick,

Yeah, I know what you mean about the plastic ones being cheesy. I had the plastic/chrome ones on my last truck and they faded and looked terrible after one winter. These metal ones should last a long time. You'll be the first to know(until I post a thread under lift kits) that I just put on my truck last night and I will put up pics soon. It looks great!

hey man.. sweet! love the rims especially ;) I kept the cap that came with mine.. being a mountaineer and all.. to have a ford cap would be kinda funny lookin I think..

you sholud look into some clear corners, it'll really make a huge diff. in the front end look.

Dark Fox

Thanks,

The only reason I did't get clear corners is because I have a set of headlight covers and they would just cover them up anyhow.

I C.. what kinda lights are those on the guard? you have a similar front end setup, guard with 2 small lights in front of da grille

Cool Truck Man!!

Dude, your truck looks sweet!! We got very similar looking accesories like the grill guards, lights, and rim styles! Are you going to lift it? I just did my 2" body lift on Saturday and it looks great! I'm going to make my own rear lift shackles and do the torsion twist this weekend. I'm also gonna try to get my winch put on, too. I'll post pics when it's done.

thanks man, I've been thinking about a lift.. 1.5-2" but I dont' like the look shackles give the leaf springs.. it lowers them and makes them visible, looks funny to me.. I wanna get a 2" and some 31" BFG ATs.. but my michelins have a 40k treadlife.. so they're on there for a while, and I'm not liftin on street tires like those :p

Nice truck!
What type of exhaust do you have? I really like the duals!

Captain

Originally posted by Kerisseler
Nice truck!
What type of exhaust do you have? I really like the duals!

The duals were custom bent for me by my friend Larry at his shop, "Pro Automotive", here in my hometown. Basically, he cut off everything after the muffler including the resonator and tailpipe, then added a Y pipe after the muffler and custom bent the duals. Without the resonator, it actually has a little tone to it, even with the stock muffler, which won't be there much longer. :)

Back