here we go again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

here we go again

bluestack

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
Hi All,

apologies for probably posting another query re the ford transmissions..

I guess everyones situation is unique (or so they think).

I have an 02 explorer, 2wheel drive, v6, 113000m.

Had the tranny rebuilt about 1.5 years ago now. Took them 3 attempts to get it right.

Anyway, it's been running fine ever since.

just in the last day the OD light has started flashing, seems to shift ok, perhaps a little higher on the RPMs.

The day before I did notice that as I pulled up to a junction, it felt as though I'd ran over a cats eye in the road - and I remember thinking there wasn't anything there.

I have spent a lot of money on this for a tranny rebuilt, that I feel the guys got it right as it took three trips to the shop to get it all running ok.

There is no check engine light on.

Any advice ?

thanks
Bluestack.

OK,

just got it to the tranny shop - they advise they're seeing an error code with the solenoid pack, and want to replace.

Question :

anyone got a recommendation for a place to order this from ?

The OD is flashing after about 10 mins once it warms up.

thanks

The one shop I was talking to said that with our GEN3's, there is an issue with the solenoids, since the transmission housing is steel and the solenoids are aluminum, so apparently they don't jive together and eventually get out of sync. The guy was telling me what they have to do is bore out the solenoids to get it to work right. I know I wasn't descriptive in any way and probably just created more questions, but if you go to the shop and try to get that point across, they might be able to help more. Then again, that might be what they did the first time....

Back