High milage explorers? | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High milage explorers?

I have a 96 XLT, 316,000 miles. Transimission replaced at 286,000 miles. Other than that, it has been a great car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, do never stop driving it? :D Do you have pics of your X?

93 Sport - 250,000 miles. Thermostat, muffler, AC compressor, and plugs were the only parts replaced until early this week. Currently trouble shooting a problem believed to be a faulty O2 sensor.

95Xsport said:
Wow, do never stop driving it? :D Do you have pics of your X?
Seriously, thats an insane amount of miles for a 96.

Man Im glad to see all these Explorers with well over 200k, I have 190k so I thought I was bad enough for a 95!

rbrooks said:
I have a 96 XLT, 316,000 miles. Transimission replaced at 286,000 miles. Other than that, it has been a great car.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DAMMMNNNN, I thought I had a lot of miles!

227,x.. on my '91 Eddie Bauer. Original engine (completely untouched) and on its 2nd trans. (a used one which had 160K when it was put in.

High mileage x's

142,000 and growing at about 800 per week.
For all intents completely replaced the transfer case, balljoints, brakes, calipers, etc. a/c
The usual basically.

97 XLT 120,000
Not much changed due to wear...ball joints, brakes, and tune up items, oh and would have had to replace several things including the MAF sensor if the trick to cleaning it hadn't been posted on this site...
Not counting stuff from off road damage.

91 Explorer 4x4 - 248,000 miles

Original motor - lotsa lifter noise on cold starts
Rebuilt tranny before I bought it

Well, my 1993 Limited will be hittin 220,000 miles pretty soon with complete orginal engine and tranny - all hwy miles besides new radiator and thermostat twice. Also my 1997 is just around 102,000 just had a new brakes from this summer, thats about it.

96xlt controltrac 4.0v6
192,4??.. all normal wear and tear, never had any major replacements.
I can't understand why. She should be dead by now. Jumped it, sank it, hit and ran over a few things here and there. I'm driving a timeX

'92 Eddie Bauer Explorer

Well it has been in the family since birth, 179,000 miles on it and here is the list beside what happened Dec 31 2004.

Right front calaper always gave trouble Replaced
Reg tune up
at 98,000 replaced transmission
Replaced twice power sterring unit
Shocks and Regular stuff like tune up and oil changes

Now it leaks from the rear of the block water from the radiator, something blew. I do not know and I can not see. It is not from the freeze plugs from behind the fly wheel (I hope) because it is not leaking from the small oil hole on the bell housing where it hooks to the block.

I love this truck and U-Hall will not rent to me....

Alan

1993 Explorer Limited 4x4

1993 Explorer Limited 4x4 4 Door 97,605

Fixed...
Brakes
Two Cracked Heads
Shocks
Springs
Fog LIghts
Water Pump(My Fault, Left water in the system and it got cold)

I got it with 93,305 I got a good price on it.

I have a 96 Limited.

Has been a wonderful car.

Replaced an O2 sensor, DPFE sensor, Ballast, Belt tensioner, brakes twice, and transfer case output shaft seal, and changed the oil and transfer case fluid, and transmission fluid, and antifreez. Also I did a tune up at 120K.

115K is all highway miles, been around the US once, and back and forth to Nevada 3 times a year. The last 12k has been in town driving only.

I would get in this car and drive it anywhere.

Morgan

290,400 transmision,intake gasket still runing

94 x sport....4x4 4.0 V6..... 143K....guess i havent been as lucky as the rest of you.

rebuilt motor at 112,000
wheel bearings
MAS
IAC
auto locking hubs x 2
u-joints x 2
exhaust system at 113,000 right after motor
still trouble shooting a few minor irritations with starting....
probably the most time and $$$ consuming vehicle i have ever owned
if i could roll back time I would have kept the 01 cherokee that my x wife got in the divorce because that was a true beast and fun to drive even on long trips...
i give a sigh of relief every time my x starts for me

Sadly, I just wrote off our '98 XL thanks to a moron cutting me off into the guardrail on the highway, but it was very nice to us.
233,000 Km at time of demise.
Replaced over the 5 years:
Both CV shafts and boots at 220,000 km
Two thermostats
Battery
Alternator
One tune up at 160,000 km
One Tranny flush and fill at 170,000 km (no rebuild, and still ran like new)
Always put Sync. oil in since new
Two brake jobs
And two sets of tires.

Origional exhaust on it as well, and problem free.
Things not worth fixing:
Arm rest (designer should be shot)
Power lock on drivers side
Fuel guage
Rear wiper motor

Just waiting for the pay out from the Ins. as we already have found another '98 XLT with 140,000 km to try to replace it. Hope we have as much good luck with it.

Paul

I have a '94 4WD with 152,000. Done the clutch and slave cylinder, radius arm bushings, MAFS, O2 sensorand AC evaporater core. Runs great, never fails to start and gets 20mpg on the road. Have to burn 93 octane to shut the valve train up but other than that, it's working fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a 97 XLT 5.0 with 177,000 miles on it. It is in awesome condition.

Back