List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I got your PM and responded, maliboo74. Check out your inbox for my message. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thank you Crystal. I requested an appointment for Saturday afternoon at Herb Chambers Ford in Westborough, MA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be visiting the dealer this weekend for this problem. I have a 2013 Limited which is 28 months old and 37500 miles. I was redirected here from my original thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3343684.

The front lip of the hood has numerous issues like this:
IMG_1999.png

Not looking forward to the conversation.

Your thread has been merged with this one.

Peter

FORD better have fixed this issue on the new F-150 aluminum body...

Crystal, there has to be some official recognition from ford corporation at this point or they have their head in the sand.

Mine has now broken through the paint and I expect it to undermine the entire hood, the dealer I go to does not have a paint shop and the last one I went to doesn't want to touch it. Wouldn't even document it.

So (Peter don't try to defend ford here) this is crappy craftsmanship there are not many 2 yr old Boeings out there with aluminum corrosion in the form of powdering oxidation happening under the paint.

If ford wants to switch to aluminum then maybe they should have a metalurgist do a better job documenting a process of prep and paint.

How do we get in touch beyond the ineffective route so far.

Mines in warrantee and will be reprinted however ford should put their money where their quality work is and back the alum repair for the life of the vehicle.

I have two steel vehicles that are perfect in this same environment zero issues w paint.

Is "Quality job one" still intact in Detroit ? Or quality just long enough to get past the warrantee ?

Crystal do you see how many people are distressed over this ? Is it your job to bring it's back to the corporation and get it resolved?

Maybe also save ford some bad press with the rest of the aluminum vehicle owners in the future ?

Rick
Miami

QUOTE=FordService;3343238]I got your PM and responded, maliboo74. Check out your inbox for my message. :thumbsup:

Crystal[/QUOTE]

Rick, as far as I know, the Ford reps here are only here as a 'go between' the customers (us) and the Regional Customer Service Managers. They do not liase with either the dealerships or any one else at Ford.
I believe that the only way that issues are brought 'up the chain' are through the reports by the individual dealers through the work they do. The only other way I can see to get in touch directly with the corporation is by phone or as some have done, through regular mail.
The paint issue as well as the water leak and 'smell' and a few others, have been around since the 2011 models came out. I don't see why some of these issues should still be around. I'm curious as to how well the new aluminum F-150 will stand up paint wise.

Peter

Peter, thanks for your comment

Crystal, it's time to escalate this , pleas provide contact information on the next steps up the chain for the forum users ? My regional guy is worthless. I would like a national service rep contact or customer relations person at the corporate level.

All I see here is "visit your local dealer" over and over. The forum users are a huge advocacy group and if you are seeing disappointment here there Re many others not here who will just decide ford is crap and never buy again. Give us some contact information to escalate this ourselves.

RN

Rick, as far as I know, the Ford reps here are only here as a 'go between' the customers (us) and the Regional Customer Service Managers. They do not liase with either the dealerships or any one else at Ford.
I believe that the only way that issues are brought 'up the chain' are through the reports by the individual dealers through the work they do. The only other way I can see to get in touch directly with the corporation is by phone or as some have done, through regular mail.
The paint issue as well as the water leak and 'smell' and a few others, have been around since the 2011 models came out. I don't see why some of these issues should still be around. I'm curious as to how well the new aluminum F-150 will stand up paint wise.

Peter

rnengnr, if you haven't already, post photos of your paint/bubble issues. A photo is a thousand words and creates pressure to "do the right thing".
A few pages up, you can see photos of our 2011, which has gotten worse over the last two months. Our other vehicle, a 2005 VW, is intact in that same area, same driving environment. I will post side-by side comparisons come spring.

Peter, thanks for your comment

Crystal, it's time to escalate this , pleas provide contact information on the next steps up the chain for the forum users ? My regional guy is worthless. I would like a national service rep contact or customer relations person at the corporate level...

Hi rnengnr,

As Peter mentioned, I only have the ability to escalate to regional customer service managers. If you'd like to contact our Customer Relationship Center, they can be reached at 1-800-392-3673 or via mail at this address:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Keep in mind that the best way to get data to our engineering team is through diagnosis at your local Ford Dealership.

Crystal

So to reiterate,

No reading between the lines here,,,, "the local dealer(s) in my area are dunces"

So can you see where I am frustrated. Also the regional guy is a robot and really is interference to the actual customer getting back to the mfg. maybe his job is to make it look like there are no troubles with the product which doesn't help the future quality of the product.

Thank you for the customer relationship center contact.

BTW photos are and have been posted in my profile and my avatar on each post. Yes that is the recent photo of the edge of the hood. More to come. And I would like a way to send them to your customer relationship group by email.

I will help crystal by posting that email address here on the forum when I get it so the many people here can send photos as well.

RN

Hi rnengnr,

As Peter mentioned, I only have the ability to escalate to regional customer service managers. If you'd like to contact our Customer Relationship Center, they can be reached at 1-800-392-3673 or via mail at this address:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Keep in mind that the best way to get data to our engineering team is through diagnosis at your local Ford Dealership.

Crystal

Three times not a charm

I have had the front of my hood painted twice, once at around 18,000 next around 35,000. Ford did cover it under warranty. Now the hood is doing it again at 50,000. Ford now will not cover it, NO PERFORATION. Funny how it was fixed due to corrosion the first two times, but now not so much. I started a case about this. After 8 days I still did not get a call back from my representative that I was assigned. I left 3-4 messages a day but no calls. I finally called back to the 800 number and complained that the representative that I was giving will not return calls, I would like a different representative. I was told that was not possible and that they could patch me right over to my representative, I agreed, and I get her answering machine again. I called back the 800 number again, this time they said that they could email my representative supervisor. Well that worked my representative called me within 10 min. Got a small apology for not returning my calls. I was told within the first 2 min that this would not be covered under warranty due to mileage. Paint not covered past 36,000 and since there is no perforation, it will not be covered. Then she tells me the only way for this issue to be resolved would be to replace the hood. Which what I asked Ford to do the last time it was painted and was denied. She got in touch with my local dealer to get a cost for the hood, painting, and installing the new hood. I was then told that Ford would help with paying half the bill for this to be done. Nice, I somewhat agree, but if Ford would have fixed it correctly the first time then I would not have to be out of pocket. I kept asking why this was not covered under the corrosion warranty, I was told by my representative that she follows the rules in life, that made no since. I have not accept this offer. I still that feel its unfair that a $39,000 SUV has its paint bubble up and the customer has to pay to finally get issue resolved. I have been a loyal Ford owner for 25+ years. Once I get this resolved it will more than likely be the last Ford I purchase. The customer relationship with Ford is gone.

Welcome to the Forum picklert.:wavey:
Sorry to hear about the paint issue with your Explorer. Reading quickly through this thread, I didn't see any posts where the hood was replaced. They were all repainted, some twice. The Ford Service rep who monitors this sub forum is Crystal (FordService). Since you have already dealt with Ford reps on this problem I don't know if Crystal can be of any further assistance. You can try sending her a private message (PM) and see.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.
Good luck.

Peter

Peter, are you a ford rep or would you be ok with putting the ford rep on the spot for horrendous service for an obviously poorly designed prepped and finished product that fails before the warranty is up.

Please stop taking the manufacturers side on these quality and poorly addressed problems.

Can you not see that it is completely unacceptable for ford to refuse to fix an ongoing issue that started more that a year prior to the warrantee expiration ?

Does it make sense to defend the position of the dealer/rep/mfg ?

I believe a class action suit is in order here.

Crystal , do you have a # in Detroit we can start with ?

If you say your hands are tied at this point, I'd say the social media scene is about to bubble up on this issue. It's a matter of time before we all figure out that a Facebook page full of bubbling paint hoods show up.

Maybe it's time to do the right thing and contact the ford engineering group on their paint issue and give us an update on what they are doing about it.

Rick Nelson
Miami

Welcome to the Forum picklert.:wavey:
Sorry to hear about the paint issue with your Explorer. Reading quickly through this thread, I didn't see any posts where the hood was replaced. They were all repainted, some twice. The Ford Service rep who monitors this sub forum is Crystal (FordService). Since you have already dealt with Ford reps on this problem I don't know if Crystal can be of any further assistance. You can try sending her a private message (PM) and see.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.
Good luck.

Peter

Hi Rick. Not sure how my quoted post has anything to do with what you posted. I didn't take anyone's side and didn't defend anyone. I simply provided the contact info for Crystal to the member so that he could try and see if there is anything further that can be done. This paint issue is definitely not acceptable but you are upset with the wrong people. The Ford reps on this sub forum have nothing to do with the poor service I assume you are getting from other Ford reps. These representatives also have absolutely nothing to do with the way vehicles are prepped or designed.
A phone number has been provided several times for contacting people 'up the chain' so to speak. I believe that there is also a phone number and mailing address for Customer Assistance in your Owner's Guide.

Peter

...Crystal , do you have a # in Detroit we can start with ?...

Hi Rick,

As I've stated in the past, I don't have access to engineering or technical resources. The only contact information I have is for the Customer Relationship Center that I listed above.

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter, this is a forum, the posts here are a record of happy explorer owners as well as issues that are occurring with vehicles and service. Ford has an entire Social Media group that monitors for bad press and those of us with paint issues are and SHOULD be posting our experiences with the satisfaction or lack of it on these problems.

This particular thread is about bubbling paint on aluminum hoods. It was started in august of 2011 its over three years old and... Peter nothing is happening up the chain to fix the issue permanently.

You can be sure that if enough of these complaints are vented, the social media folks will hear about it.... I urge more folks to post here and maybe Crystal will inform her superiors that this needs to go up the chain. My intent is to add a twitter photo account and post my photos to https://www.facebook.com/ford to warrant more attention.

in addition it took me three minutes to find a number at the assembly plant in Illinois and get the right extension for the paint/body/chassis finishing people who are not aware that this is a problem and I have had three callbacks from concerned technical people who want to get information to improve the longevity.

So with that said please allow the users to post their complaints and issues without your "oh well" they tried or "there's nothing here we can do" or "call the number in the back of the owners manual" all that does is take the focus off the core complaints and the fact that the Reps here down to the dealers are less than willing to fix the issues permanently or commit to fixing poorly attempted fixes past the warrantee period on obvious continuing quality faults.

the more people who post here the more new customers will see that there are issues that maybe they don't want to deal with even if it IS under warrantee.

If I had seen this post I would have been looking at explorers in parking lots to decide whether or not to buy this vehicle or not.

RN

Hi Rick. Not sure how my quoted post has anything to do with what you posted. I didn't take anyone's side and didn't defend anyone. I simply provided the contact info for Crystal to the member so that he could try and see if there is anything further that can be done. This paint issue is definitely not acceptable but you are upset with the wrong people. The Ford reps on this sub forum have nothing to do with the poor service I assume you are getting from other Ford reps. These representatives also have absolutely nothing to do with the way vehicles are prepped or designed.
A phone number has been provided several times for contacting people 'up the chain' so to speak. I believe that there is also a phone number and mailing address for Customer Assistance in your Owner's Guide.

Peter

Back