List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 72 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I don't think Bill will be reading your reply. He was last seen here on December 29, 2016.:)
Your post may be helpful to those wondering if a PIU is being covered as well. Thanks.

Peter
Most dealerships will take care of you. I drove in and showed it to them, they said Ford knows about the issue and they offered to replace the hood for me. 2018 police explorer…no arguement, they just offered to replace it.

It all depends on your in-service date.

My 2016 Utility is out of it's warranty with an in-service date in 10/15. I work in a professional capacity with a Ford dealer. Both the VP and Service Manager looked into get my hood fixed. I've contacted Ford more than a couple times with the same result.

So, while some Utilities are covered...some aren't.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most dealerships will take care of you. I drove in and showed it to them, they said Ford knows about the issue and they offered to replace the hood for me. 2018 police explorer…no arguement, they just offered to replace it.
Just to prove Peter's point, I have a 2018 PIU with this issue, after reading your post, I'm taking mine in this week. Thanks!

Paint bubbles have appeared around the edge of the hood of my car. Is it covered under the corrosion warranty policy? How long does the corrosion warranty policy last from the day you purchased the vehicle? Should I contact Ford Customer Support or the dealer? If it is covered by the policy, what will be done? Please advise, thank you.

It will be explained in the owners paperwork that should be in the glove box. Our xlt is not at home at the moment but I think I remember the paint only being covered for like 3 years

Coverage for 5 years from in-service date. Correct procedure is a new hood. At the risk of sounding like a jerk...this would be easily found with a search, it's well covered.

Paint bubbles have appeared around the edge of the hood of my car. Is it covered under the corrosion warranty policy? How long does the corrosion warranty policy last from the day you purchased the vehicle? Should I contact Ford Customer Support or the dealer? If it is covered by the policy, what will be done? Please advise, thank you.
Your thread was merged with this existing one found using the 'Search' feature. As MattMPA eluded to, doing a 'Search' prior to posting a new thread to see if the topic has been discussed before is always a good idea.
If you check your Warranty Guide you will see that it addresses all your concerns.
Page 11.
"If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."
Please keep us updated on this issue. Thanks.

Peter

Take it to your dealer.

Why would you bother customer service with it before your dealer looks at it?

Your thread was merged with this existing one found using the 'Search' feature. As MattMPA eluded to, doing a 'Search' prior to posting a new thread to see if the topic has been discussed before is always a good idea.
If you check your Warranty Guide you will see that it addresses all your concerns.
Page 11.
"If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."
Please keep us updated on this issue. Thanks.

Peter
I just got the Paint Bubbles checked out by a Ford Dealer and was told to wait for approval to go to a body shop of theirs for repair.
I also report that the wheel center caps are corroded, too. Hopefully, they will be replaced, too.

It all depends on your in-service date.

My 2016 Utility is out of it's warranty with an in-service date in 10/15. I work in a professional capacity with a Ford dealer. Both the VP and Service Manager looked into get my hood fixed. I've contacted Ford more than a couple times with the same result.

So, while some Utilities are covered...some aren't.
Agreed bc they offered to fix and not replace it and mine is a 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum with only 20K.
Before the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired, I was fortunate to have the whole set of 4 wheels replaced.

I just took my 18 into the dealer today to look at the paint bubbles. They ordered a new hood for me and said it would be covered under warranty.

I just took my 18 into the dealer today to look at the paint bubbles. They ordered a new hood for me and said it would be covered under warranty.
That's what they did with mine. Brand new hood. Painted. Free loaner. All quite painless.

Back