• Register Today It's free!

How can i beef up my 4.0 SOHC

Chevyinaford

Reaction score
City, State
Lapeer mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Hello all i have a 2000 explorer 4door 4x4. Its been a good truck but i would like some more power... What can i do to beef it up?
Thanks for your time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

G'day, welcome to the forum. Since you've got a V6 drop in a V8, just dont put in a 350 or you'll get banned:D

Welcome to the forums.

What are you looking for? Simple bolt ons? (not many) or extensive work? Price range?

One of the killers of the SOHC's power is its intake and especially exhaust flow in the heads. You could upgrade the camshaft as the stock one leaves a lot to be desired.

welcome

http://www.hensonperformance.com/Productsft.html

Underdrive Crank Pulley, Cold Air Kit, Cat-Back exhaust, an SCT Xcal3 (or LiveWire,etc...if you prefer) with a custom tune.

Also, consider changing all you fluids to synthetics (front and rear diffs, trans, transfer case, and motor oil)

Also, remove the stock mechanical fan, and swap it for an electric. Along w/ better mpg, that alone should be good for about 10hp. It take allot to move those fan blades through the air, especially at higher rpms.

just dont put in a 350 or you'll get banned:D

:frustrate I was thinking about banning :hammer: him just for the :censored: :bsnicker: "Chevyinaford" handle ! !:crazy:

Welcome .......... I think. :D

Back