how can i tell if my explorer is lifted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how can i tell if my explorer is lifted

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
It's been a long time since i owned an explorer. Anyway, I just picked up a 2001 sport. I wanted an inexpensive 4x4 and this one is in excellent condition.
It does seem to sit higher than other explorers that i park near. The tires are 265/70/16, so i know that will slightly raise it. Is there anything i can look for that would show me it has some type of mild suspension or body lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know for the rear, you can tell by checking the leafs or possibly the shackles. Should be a mono leaf in the rear. For the front, not really sure how to tell if it was torsioned up or not :(

For the front you can look at the torsion key bolts to see how far they are screwed in if its lifted and for the rear like Dweeberman said check for shackles or different leaf packs because stock sports have mono leafs

For the front the easiest way is just look at the lower control arm. If its lifted they will have a downward angle to them, if its not they will be almost parallel with the ground. As for the rear see if it has shackels or if a four door leaf pack has been swapped in.

Thanks for the replies. It doesn't appear to be lifted. Must be an optical illusion that makes the 01 sport look higher than a 2nd gen 4 door. :)

I saw the multi leaf rear, but the front arms are not really slanted toward the ground.

Back