How many miles does your Ex have? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles does your Ex have?

349,000 and still going strong with original engine and transmission. Radiator, fan and clutch, water pump, starter and power steering pump have all been replaced once ea., which is understandable given the miles.

This vehicle has been as reliable as the morning sunrise. Tip-o-the-hat to Ford. They've done well by me on this vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you are a firm believer in PM . Hope she lasts you a long time .

'94 XLT with 147K miles, bought it in '98 with 23K miles. Still running strong, the auto hubs just went, converting to manual after reading the sticky.

im the proud owner of two exes. one is a 91xlt the other a 94 ex xlt. they both have 6 digit odomiters how can you tell how many times the have turned over?

just passed inspection in April , but the front rotors & brakes were past there prime so now my 91 sports New rotors , new wheel bearings & races . new seals ,new semi metallic pads , I also cleaned out the auto hubs & soaked them in auto trans fluid . I used synthetic grease & packed the bearings . Should not have any worries for some time now on brakes . Next thing is the steering box . :D

my 2000 ex has 188,220 on it. the tension is there. the stereotype of more miles more problems. and something is more likely to come up when I am BROKE!!!

1994 xlt

258,000 original engine and tranny

changed the radiator, alternator, little things etc. I had the plastic heater valve explode on me a few years back. I thought she was a dead when that happened. I hate plastic. I ended up buying an extra one to keep handy for next time

230,000 on mine

230k on my 1992 EB - trans replaced and routine maintenance. Plan on keeping it for a long time.

im the proud owner of two exes. one is a 91xlt the other a 94 ex xlt. they both have 6 digit odomiters how can you tell how many times the have turned over?

A true 6 digit odometer has 7 numbers if you include the white tenths digit.

A vehicle history report may help determine how many miles yours have.

Just rolled over 170k on my 91 last week. put 12k on it since i bought it 2 winters ago.
I've been really happy with it and for a 300$ truck it really hasnt needed much in almost 2 years. Just recently put in new ball joints, brake rotors, spindle seals, and front coil springs with shackles to restore the factory hight. need to get complete new brake drums next, they work but the drum cover is rusting and water gets in. I'm hoping to get many more miles out of it, no ovedrive (broke trying to pass someone last winter) but truck still runs strong.

168,000 miles on my 94 XLT. Very nice shape for its age. Was my dad's before he passed. Runs strong, did some maintenance, pretty much. Before this one, he had an awesome black one with red leather insidr. He got it up to 500k+ before the transmission wouldn't go into third anymore.

168,000 miles on my 94 XLT. Very nice shape for its age. Was my dad's before he passed. Runs strong, did some maintenance, pretty much. Before this one, he had an awesome black one with red leather insidr. He got it up to 500k+ before the transmission wouldn't go into third anymore.

if he had the auto in the black one and the trans went that long either it was a badass or he was. lol

Back