• Register Today It's free!

How To: Attach photos to a post.

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hey, i was on the FAQ trying to figure out how to post pictures as attachements so i dont have to put my pictures on some other site and link them, so that i could have them on the thread only, how come it says i can't use attachements? is it an elite explorer thing? i have seen other regular members posts with pictures attached.. can someone explain this for me?
thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 468

What is it saying when you try to upload one? As long as you have the file size and dimensions right, it should work.

is it an elite explorer thing? i have seen other regular members posts with pictures attached.. can someone explain this for me?
Yes, you have to be elite to host pics on this site.
Other members you see with pics are either elite, or use photobucket, etc.

Yes, you have to be elite to host pics on this site.
Other members you see with pics are either elite, or use photobucket, etc.

okay thank you that makes sence i suppose, makes more people want to get elite membership. thanks for the succinct explanation haha.

Click the box which say "Go Advanced" on the lower right hand corner of the quick reply box. You will be taken to another page which says manage attachments. You will have a 4 attachment limit. Each photo has an 800 X 800 size limit. Stuntman is not elite, and was able to post a screen shot attachment in post # 2 of this thread.

Click the box which say "Go Advanced" on the lower right hand corner of the quick reply box. You will be taken to another page which says manage attachments. You will have a 4 attachment limit. Each photo has an 800 X 800 size limit. Stuntman is not elite, and was able to post a screen shot attachment in post # 2 of this thread.

This.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to or not, but it's working. There is a very small limit to the file size allowed not being elite.

Attachments

• Screen-shot-2013-02-19-at-11.58.jpg
    Screen-shot-2013-02-19-at-11.58.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 406
  • Screen-shot-2013-02-19-at-12.02.jpg
    Screen-shot-2013-02-19-at-12.02.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 444

I see that you have a 3 photo limit per post. I have a limit of 4 photos. I'm going to move this thread into the New Members section, and make it a sticky to show people how to post attachments. Thanks for taking the time to make these screen shots.

actually i just checked, at teh bottom of my reply/new thread screen, it says this: