How to re-boot MFT/SYNC?

artnalex

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Two separate questions here.

(1) I'd like to know if there is a way to reboot the system by holding down a few buttons?

(2)Also, is there a way to do it by going through the settings within SYNC? But I don't want a Master Reset, as I don't want to reprogram all my radio stations.

Thanks in advance.

Art

haven't heard of a shorter way to reboot other than Master Reset, pulling the fuse, or disconnecting battery.....

I have seen somewhere on here that if you insert a USB drive with the Sirius update on it, it will reboot the system next time you start the car, or something like that. You can do this even if you have already done the update.

Check the MFT/IVT threads, it is in there somewhere.

Two separate questions here.

(1) I'd like to know if there is a way to reboot the system by holding down a few buttons?

(2)Also, is there a way to do it by going through the settings within SYNC? But I don't want a Master Reset, as I don't want to reprogram all my radio stations.

Thanks in advance.

Art

Hi, artnalex!

There is no way to reboot the system via voice commands or button sequence. A Master Reset is the best option, or what VinceL mentions below. Also, a Master Reset allows you to completely erase all information stored in SYNC (all phone book, call history, text message information, previously paired phones, saved address points, and navigation history) and return to the factory default settings. It should not delete your radio presets.

I have seen somewhere on here that if you insert a USB drive with the Sirius update on it, it will reboot the system next time you start the car, or something like that. You can do this even if you have already done the update.

Check the MFT/IVT threads, it is in there somewhere.

Here's the link VinceL is referring to:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325154&highlight=reboot

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Rebecca

Back