I CUT THE ROOF OFF, ROLL CAGE AND RINO LINER IN NEXT!!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I CUT THE ROOF OFF, ROLL CAGE AND RINO LINER IN NEXT!!!!!

Well today off cometh the roof so I can modify my vehicle. It probably won't look much like an X when I'm done but the front clip will go unchanged!

Parts cut off so far:

9352other.jpg

9352roof1.jpg

9352top.jpg

I'll have more pics tomorrow!

I offered the roof rack to SVO, but if he doesn't want it, it is up for grabs (free for whoever will come pick it up, you can look at my pics to see how it looks with the tire on, it will hold 35 inch tire and line up with existing roof rack holes.

Ex:
9352gilmer3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will not be tying it into the frame.

Reason:
A friend of mine did not recommend it, due to the fact while offroading your fram may tweak a lot, it absorbs all the shock and shifts around, if you tie it into the frame the body may become distorted while the frame is shifting. I'll take his word on it, I am only concerned about the roof caving in on me, that's why I am installing the cage.+

The other thing I could have done was make an external rollcage that did not contact the body, at this point I think its easier to do the internal while attaching it to the body.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

hey mike thanks for the rear window. once again your truck is nice. it's alot better seeing it in person than just pics on the internet.

What a way to cap off a day of cruising our state, than to goto the shop and watch mayhem in full action.

Here's a few shots I got today while up in Dallas picking up some parts from Msuptek after I went to Houston and had breakfast/pick up parts with Johnstone, Demon4x4, and Michael.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,961

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,777

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,529

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,708

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,682

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,795

dang man you were busting a$$. when i got there he just finished mastering the bending of the pipe. looking good.

Sweet pics SVO, thnx for taking them. LOL! Hope you enjoy the roof rack and LS for you diff. Hopefully I will finish the cage so I can go to Kingsland Slabs, I am pretty sure I will.:D

looks good, mike. loks really good.

did i say looks really good?

Thnx, getting closer for time to rino line! The more people who see it, the more that think I am nuts. I am excited, hopefully I will finish soon.:D

uuhh...mike.... u still planning on using thre rear wiper?????????

hey its swaks wife, gonna take me on a ride in your new convertable?

I don't have much use for a rear wiper anymore, and sure maybe next time we do a trip you and your wife can ride with us if you want.:D

Originally posted by Msupertek
Sweet pics SVO, thanx for taking them. LOL! Hope you enjoy the roof rack and LS for you diff. Hopefully I will finish the cage so I can go to Kingsland Slabs, I am pretty sure I will.:D

You know me, I love to take pictures! lol
Anytime, glad they came out clear and brighter, and thank you very much for the rack, I went to Home Depo on the way home and grabed some bolts, and the diff is going to help out a whole lot, now I just need to throw the shim mod on it.

It was nice seeing your work in progress in person, keep up the great work! :D

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,601

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,625

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,663

After driving from Waco to Houston, and then back to Waco (forgot your number on the coffee table), I drove to Arlington (DFW), I'm wiped out for an old dude! :(

I'm gonna go find a pillow and bury my face in it!

5am came way to quick this morning! :confused:

Back