• Register Today It's free!

I finally gave in.....

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
.....and got a job at ford. I know there are people here that don't like the dealerships, but it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, because this will mean more pay, less hours, and discounted parts and labor. 5.0 in the making sooner than I expected I hope!!!!! I start 9:00am, Dec. 26. It is kind of early for the day after Xmas, but oh well.

But yes, I do have a question, and I may sound like an idiot, but I know that the explorer 5.0s are built a little different than mustang 5.0s. I may be getting a whole lot of parts for a 5.0 off of an '89 LX (all performance, mostly trickflow). For the most partr, will these fit an explorer 5.0 engine???

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will work, however you need a intake egr elbow and a 94-95 mustang style throttle body if it is an external egr ( late 97-01) with p heads. you will also need to modify the egr pipe.
As for the job, congrats man. sounds like you landed a good opportunity there, and an opportunity to set them straight ( yeah right)

Attachments

• engine bay 11-28.JPG
    engine bay 11-28.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 151

Holy multi colored conduit! Step away from the colored vinyl tape :)

410Fortune said:
Holy multi colored conduit! Step away from the colored vinyl tape :)
Yeah I totally agree, so I removed it with last motor pull.
Kinda looks like open heart surgery
O.k guys we all make mistakes
It took a lot of time getting red on all the fuel and electrical, and blue on the vacuum and cooling lines, about 10 minutes to rip it off and break my IAC and cmp sensor plugs HA

I bet it looks 10000000 times better now! I try not to draw attention to the plumming and wiring, especially when your friggin intake and accessories look so damn nice!

Back