Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
Apologies to GJarrett, i couldnt resist the title :D

Just got done hercing the floor of my truck
DSC01588.jpg

The interior of this one was pretty much destroyed, truck spent an unknown amount of time before me siting outside with no sunroof in it, so i had gutted it down to next to nothing. Figured id take the oportunity while it was empty.

I dont have any shots of what it looked like when i first got it, but man was it sad. this is the oldest pic i have of the interior. the beaded cover on that stearing wheel is directly over the metal, the leather wrap was completly gone, good indication to the life this one has had.
DSC01562.jpg

the whole interior was pretty much the same moldy rust color as the seat frame
DSC01597.jpg

I guress its the first major step on its way to a new life.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! I'm thinking about doing the same thing to get weight down. Explorer's are fat little piggies haha.

WOW, that looks pretty cool....how do you think it will do for soundproof or are you not concerned?.... I have some Stock Eddie Bauer seats, electric with great condition leather that ill sell for 200 bucks for the 2 fronts...

hehe, just throwin that out there cuz i dunno what to do with em

where do you get herculiner, how do you put it on, and how much does it cost? im thinkin about taking my running boards off but underneath them isn't painted

ran me $116 for a gallon kit and a quart at my local pep boys. The gallon probably would have been enought though, but i wanted to be on the safe side.

It goes on with a "chip" (throwaway) brush and this really cool texture roller thinggy (sorry, i work in paint, these things amuse me)

I have no idea what its gonna do for sound proofing, but im really not concerned. The carpet was toast, and this was so much easier/more utilitarian/absolutely bad ass-looking than replacing it with another carpet.

BMX, thx for the seat offer, but i got a set from a 94. Id like to eventually put 95+ seats in, but i got plenty of other things to fix before then.. did i mention the truck

is the herculiner more rubbery..non skid like..or is it slicker like hard plastic?

everythintech, im going to have to admit that i did

ExporeRanger, its non skid

dont worry, if you ever have to get your body bolts off you can get em off. My old truck they'd sprayed rhino lining over the bolts and I was still able to get them off when I needed to :)

i kno its non skid..liek texturey..but isnt it more plasticky texture then actually rubbery texture?

Back