I just picked up some nice BF Goodrich Long trails! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I just picked up some nice BF Goodrich Long trails!

Greetings:

I just picked up some nice BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs' in 31x10.50x15:D. They are in moderately new condition, with about 80-85% tread life remaining (junkyard):D. I have read very good to excellent reviews on the tire, especially on Ford explorer 4x4s' in general. However, although they seem to match up to my wheel wells fairly well, will I experience a rubbing issue in the slightest bit? I read the archived forums about how this size was more or less the last size before one would have to incorporate a lift kit for even larger tires. Personally, I think 31's look nice on our trucks. Right now I have 30's on my truck. They are nice too, I switched from the P235/75/15 Michelin LTX (excellent tire):thumbsup:. the bigger tires just seem to handle better, than the OEM smaller sizes. These BF Goodrich long trails, although not truely an all terrain tire, were made for highway all season use, with long tread life and durability enhancements. I do 99% of my driving on the hwy :D. My average low end daily commute is about 115 miles per day (round trip). I am one for strict maintenance, whereas I flush my trannys every 10,000 miles and add Lubeguard www.lubeguard.com (red bottle in this case) to the fresh fluid. Also my diffs get drain in the same fashion. My entire maintenance regimen reflects good strict overall maintenance practices. I have a transmission cooler on the truck now, whereas the tranny would become as stressed with the larger tires. What say you? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards:)

Back