I wanna Upgrade my 2000 Explorer Headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I wanna Upgrade my 2000 Explorer Headlights

I own a 2000 explorer V8 EB and I think the headlight assembly including the corner lights looks pretty lame. I want to pull the entire assembly and put the 02 and up (or something like it) assembly in place to give the vehicle a newer look. Doesn't have to be HID but that would be pretty cool. Does anyone know of a after market conversion kit that I can use to upgrade my headlight assembly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using diamond lenses makes a dramatic difference in the look of your truck.

use the search feature, I love my diamond clears but will be going to the black clears very soon

there is a thread on this already, I started it, your question is covered

I will be converting my black housings to HID

I need to replace one of my diamond clear headlights. There used to be a plethora of offerings on eBay, however, the picking is scant now ( and I don't need new corner lenses ).

Where are you guys getting them now?

Thanks ....

Anyone have a source for those Diamond Headlights and Corners. I saw some on Ebay XRteam for $150 but they want $52.00 for shipping...what a rip off!!!
:thumbdwn:

Al, I think the only clears out there now have the bulb shield, unlike yours.
If you get some it would be good to know the difference in beam patterns. And if the shield can be removed.....

use the search feature, I love my diamond clears but will be going to the black clears very soon
Have you gone to Black headlights yet...If so how do you like them...I just bought a pair

Check my cardomain at the bottom of this page (I believe the second last has close-up pics). I have the blacks. They really change look of the front of the truck and they do not take away much brightness in your lights. I also added a brand new black bug deflector which also changes the look. :) I plan to add a billet grill come spring time.

TerryS1980, wow, I really like your Ex.. Great job!

check ebay. they have a pretty good variety of stuff like that. thats where i got my corner lights and HIDs

Anyone have a source for those Diamond Headlights and Corners. I saw some on Ebay XRteam for $150 but they want $52.00 for shipping...what a rip off!!!
:thumbdwn:

They do that because ebay doesn't charge for shipping costs. Go to LMC truck you'll find the same housings for $250+

I got a set of Black housings with 9007 bi-xenon hids, they look good, performance they show slight shadows, the black housings don't refect quite as well as I like.

GOnna try to remove the caps and see what difference they make, as the caps are non reflective on the inside, I assume that would definately be part of the problem.

Well I FINALLY got around to updating my headlight and tailight assembly.

Well I FINALLY got around to updating my headlight and tailight assembly. I got them from GTRACER on Ebay and I have to say I am very happy with the results. I really struggled with wether-or-not to go with the diamond cut clear backgrounds or the diamond cut black backgrounds either one would have looked great but the black background was just too sweet to past and since I had already decided on the smoked cover tail lights...well it all just came together nicely. Here are some photos:

3003319837_7d10a8c0b3.jpg
3003349305_3955115467.jpg

3003349519_513f3b8783.jpg

Here are the step by step instructions:

3003462101_68b82f30c9_b.jpg

3004297728_1a26aedf8c_b.jpg

3004297926_c50e5b0286_b.jpg

I'm was trying to do that but had a little trouble. They're in PDF Format. Also having trouble wuth Photos. Looking for and online site to store them. Any suggestion on the PDF File?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back