interrior upgrade kit, Would you order? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interrior upgrade kit, Would you order?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hm, personally id go with like a carbon fiber, or like a color matching kit

I have seen those in many a customers car I am not a fan of the fit and finish of that product.

Well some seem way nicer than others, the stick on ones to me, SUCK, but theres kits that actually replace the part, like the thing where the window buttons are, you actually take that off, unscrew the button, and screw the button into the new custom piece.

if you spend a little money, its well worth it. my buddy had a probe with that dash kit but it was like stickers kind of, and it looked like **** but my uncle had an f-150, with the carbon fiber kit, the one that has the REPLACEMENT pieces, and it made the interior look 10x better it looked stock too

I bought a few pieces once from a higher end kit once. I still hated them, quality or not. My window switches would get stuck and eventually the adhesive would let go. So glad I didn't spend big bucks for the whole kit.

OK, custom PIECES would make a difference, but I can't justify the cost. I'm fine with the interior as it is except for all the faux chrome accents in the new Exploders. I spent a lot of time in an Adrenalin and a loaded '09 at a car show a few weeks ago. I sure like the new Explorers in many ways, but they've taken many steps backward in the interior styling department, IMHO.

yea i guess its more of a preference thing

I concur- the stick-on kits look like crap. Wood or carbon fiber only look good if the pieces are replaced. If you look at a window switch panel and you can see the door panel under the wood- yuck.

Plus, they've got waaaay too many woody pieces in there. I like moderation. I replaced the door panels in my SHO with Sable panels, for the wood(ish) door handle surrounds. That is the only wood(ish) in the car. I like it, people that see it seem to like it, I think it looks good and not gaudy.

I think wood or CF accents should be just that- accents. That kit (even though you don't have to use every piece) makes it the focal point.

This is what I did:
One and the other- Sable panel on the front door to compare...

DSCF0257.jpg

And after:

DSCF0276.jpg

Back