Instructions Or Video On How To Replace Motor Mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Instructions Or Video On How To Replace Motor Mounts

hillre51

Reaction score
City, State
vine grove, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer eddie bauer
Good morning, I've a 2003 Ford Explorer, V6, 115k miles. Need assistance with how to replace motor mounts, especially driver side. Do any of you have video link on how to do this and how to check to make sure the mount is broke? I'm hearing a clunking noise when holding brake pedal and put tranny in drive/reverse repeatedly. All other front end parts seem to be fine, upper ball joints/control arms already replace; struts seems fine and stabilizer bar/links and lower balljoints. Can't seem to locate bolt on bottom of left side motor mount. what is the best way to find this bolt to remove it? Seems that the front differential is in the way............appreciate any assistance/guidance ASAP. Are there possibly any other front end parts that may resemble this clunking noise while braking, revving engine, pulling forward/backing up? Thanks

Hey did you ever get a reply to this thread?

Hey, thanks for checking. I found out that my problem wasnt the motor mounts. It was loose fasteners on the upper control arms bushings. I assumed the fasteners were already torqued when I installed them. Live and learn:)). Im good to go now except for dang truck is vibrating at 60 mph. Cant seem to find a shop that know how to balance 22 " inch wheels. They say I needto install something called hub centric rings. I already ordered them. Hope this take care of vibration issue. Replaced front and rear driveshafts for nothing due to local transmission shop opinion. Glad I got them at a salvage yard at $50 each;)). Take it easy

Back