iOS 6.1 out today | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iOS 6.1 out today

Perhaps one of the I.T guys here can explain to me why the text to speech is intermittent between iOS6 and MFT?

I know Rebecca says that Apple decided on a non standard (proprietary) version of MAP protocol and MFT has a "standard" version but it would seem that if the iPhone iOS and MFT have the MAP connection once it should stay until the phone is disconnected from MFT....no?

How can I get 1-3 texts converted to speech during a drive and then moments later without touching a thing, even in the same text string with the same person the texts will not be received by MFT for conversion to speech.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perhaps one of the I.T guys here can explain to me why the text to speech is intermittent between iOS6 and MFT?

I know Rebecca says that Apple decided on a non standard (proprietary) version of MAP protocol and MFT has a "standard" version but it would seem that if the iPhone iOS and MFT have the MAP connection once it should stay until the phone is disconnected from MFT....no?

How can I get 1-3 texts converted to speech during a drive and then moments later without touching a thing, even in the same text string with the same person the texts will not be received by MFT for conversion to speech.

I don't have this issue.. The only time a text won't be brought up is if I'm on the phone, or if another text comes in before I hit the listen button. Other than that it's consistent and works fine for me.

I got mine to work (at least once). It was pretty cool (and surprising) when the text message came up.

One step forward...

Hey, everyone!

Just a heads-up in case you have iOS 6.1 and subscribe to iTunes Match: If you plug your iPhone/iPod/iPad in, SYNC will index everything on the device and in the cloud. Since there is no way to tell if the track is on your device or not, SYNC could potentially play a song from the cloud, thus using your data plan. To prevent this from happening, but still allowing SYNC to index media from your iPhone/iPod/iPad, do the following on your device:

SETTINGS > MUSIC > SHOW ALL MUSIC > OFF

Here's the link to our announcement on Owner to Owner:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=6815

Rebecca

Yesterday they released iOS v6.1.2

Not sure if it effects that issue.

Back