iPhone 4 not connecting anymore | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone 4 not connecting anymore

SCA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hi! I have had the Ex 2 weeks. My phone has consistently connected each time I get in the vehicle. Until yesterday. While in the car, finding a sirius station, it just disconnected, and has not connected since. I tried deleting the phone and adding it again twice. It shows up as a phone, but will not connect. I searched the forum and found nothing similar, and nothing in the manual yet.

AND in my frustration trying to get it to work, I also accidentally hit the "forget this device" button on the iphone, so I am also trying to get it to recognize SYNC again.:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Performing a Master reset appears to be the fix all...

Hi! I have had the Ex 2 weeks. My phone has consistently connected each time I get in the vehicle. Until yesterday. While in the car, finding a sirius station, it just disconnected, and has not connected since. I tried deleting the phone and adding it again twice. It shows up as a phone, but will not connect. I searched the forum and found nothing similar, and nothing in the manual yet.

AND in my frustration trying to get it to work, I also accidentally hit the "forget this device" button on the iphone, so I am also trying to get it to recognize SYNC again.:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, SCA!

Here are a few things you can try:

Go into the phone settings on your MFT and delete your phone and any other phone that you have paired. Then in your phone, under the Bluetooth settings, delete SYNC.

Once you do this, I would like for you to do a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

While the system is resetting, please reboot your phone (by doing a soft reset) and re-seat your SD card if you have NAV.

You will have to pair your phone again but this time I'm going to have you do it a different way.

Reverse Pairing:

Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to always or ON.
Touch ADD A PHONE.
Touch FIND OTHER DEVICES.
When your phone shows up on the MFT screen, select it.
Type in the Pass-key of 0000 and touch ENTER.
Your phone will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.
Both devices should now connect to each other.

When your MFT asks you to download your phonebook, press NO. Everything else can be setup normally.

Once your phone is paired, you can download your phonebook the following way:

Phonebook Download:

Go to the PHONE menu.
Touch SETTINGS.
Touch down arrow until you see MANAGE PHONEBOOK.
Touch RE-DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK.

While in this menu, make sure Auto Phonebook Download and Display Photos from Phonebook are set to OFF.

If you have any other media devices, such as an iPod, please soft reboot them before connecting them back to your system.

If you have Wi-Fi on your phone, turn that off as well.

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know!

Rebecca

Thanks

I found SYNC again by resetting networks on my phone. It paired but did not connect. But when I got in the car today, it connected. I will try this method the next time it disconnects!

Hey, SCA!

Here are a few things you can try:

Go into the phone settings on your MFT and delete your phone and any other phone that you have paired. Then in your phone, under the Bluetooth settings, delete SYNC.

Once you do this, I would like for you to do a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

While the system is resetting, please reboot your phone (by doing a soft reset) and re-seat your SD card if you have NAV.

You will have to pair your phone again but this time I'm going to have you do it a different way.

Reverse Pairing:

Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to always or ON.
Touch ADD A PHONE.
Touch FIND OTHER DEVICES.
When your phone shows up on the MFT screen, select it.
Type in the Pass-key of 0000 and touch ENTER.
Your phone will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.
Both devices should now connect to each other.

When your MFT asks you to download your phonebook, press NO. Everything else can be setup normally.

Once your phone is paired, you can download your phonebook the following way:

Phonebook Download:

Go to the PHONE menu.
Touch SETTINGS.
Touch down arrow until you see MANAGE PHONEBOOK.
Touch RE-DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK.

While in this menu, make sure Auto Phonebook Download and Display Photos from Phonebook are set to OFF.

If you have any other media devices, such as an iPod, please soft reboot them before connecting them back to your system.

If you have Wi-Fi on your phone, turn that off as well.

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know!

Rebecca

Unfortunately didn't work for me. Should I try pulling fuse no#29 for a hard reset?

Back