iPhone issue with MFT/Sync- BT & USB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone issue with MFT/Sync- BT & USB

krayzie32

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 XLT
I have looked at these forums and searched google for a thread that has the same issues that I am having but I have not found any.

My iPhone used to work 100%... until I was upgraded to v2.8. Now the following occurs:

1) When I turn the vehicle on, MFT/Sync says that the phone is connected via BT phone and BT stereo. I can receive/place calls fine but when I select BT stereo, it looks like it is going to play, but it then says "krayzie32's phone has been disconnected" and boots me to the radio. However, the phone BT is still connected.

1a) When the above happens, I have unpaired the phone via the vehicle and phone- no luck. I have restarted the phone - no luck.

2) I plug the phone into the USB and everything seems to be working. I can see the current song and album art and the screen says it is playing (the playtime is increasing), but there is no sound.

2a) I turned off bluetooth and tried the USB and still no sound. I restarted my phone- no luck.

3) I unplugged/plugged back in the MFT/Sync fuse and everything works for a very short while, i.e. when I turn on/off the vehicle on the second time, everything acts up again.

Is there anything else I can try? I was going to perform the master reset but I have many addresses and whatnot saved and I would hate to enter everything again... but if it fixes the issue, I'll do it.

Thank you for any suggestions/comments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes most of the time when you upgrade to a higher software you have to do a fuse pull and when it comes back it should all be fine even your addresses will be back i've done it no issue's after. Pull fuse number 29 get ready for some wired body movement...... Lol

You can try 2 more things,
1) Sync your phone wih Itunes.
2) Remove the sync from Bluetooth device on your phone and ten add again.

Yes most of the time when you upgrade to a higher software you have to do a fuse pull and when it comes back it should all be fine even your addresses will be back i've done it no issue's after. Pull fuse number 29 get ready for some wired body movement...... Lol

Where is the fuse box?

Well, I did not do anything and just dealt with the issue and somehow, all of the BT functions are working flawlessly. Not clue how that is... I did sync my iPhone to my MAC to transfer some songs over the weekend.. maybe that fixed the issue? No new updates were downloaded to the iPhone, just a straight sync.

sgparnes, look here for fuse box instructions: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320569

Also, one other issue is that sometimes your phone has a bluetooth audio volume setting. My Droid X has this and when I tried to play bluetooth audio once it looked like everything was playing (just as you described it) but nothing was coming out of the speakers. I used the volume keys on the phone while the BT audio was playing to increase the volume level and everything worked fine.

Back