Its gone. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its gone.

Regardless of all that. Nobody can argue the mighty green explorer saved your lives.

After getting you into trouble.
But let's not get bogged down by all that. do you have any pictures? These things are fixable with no frame damage-just find the same color body panels and you are good to go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regardless of all that. Nobody can argue the mighty green explorer saved your lives.

After getting you into trouble.
But let's not get bogged down by all that. do you have any pictures? These things are fixable with no frame damage-just find the same color body panels and you are good to go.

That is true, these trucks are well built. They can be saved most of the time. I hunted a wrecked one in 2005 and reconstructed it using my older 93 Explorer. The body was ruined, but the total cost ended up around $5500 including a car lift to do the job. Note values have dropped, back then a nice 98-01 would cost $7500 at least for a high optioned model.

Projectthread002.JPG

Car lift 01.JPG

Mine was rear ended by semi. Fixed it.

When Jess got her ex she never driven before
This is her first vehicle. ......you couldn't pry it from her cold dead fingers

First day she had it she backed it into a tree
New bumper and brackets from the jy fixed like new

Mine was clipped by a Chevy Suburban. Fixed it. Like new. Note: my Ford truck drove away, but the Suburban needed a flat bed wrecker.

Hope you recover quickly.

Take aways: make every effort to avoid being “totaled” by the insurance company, as that results in a salvage title from the DMV, and later difficulty finding motor vehicle insurance. The other driver‘s insurance company seemed to work with me on this goal. The junk yard bumper, brackets, fenders, hood, etc…. were almost free (but in very good condition), while the paint was most expensive.

Good luck, and drive safely.

That is true, these trucks are well built. They can be saved most of the time. I hunted a wrecked one in 2005 and reconstructed it using my older 93 Explorer. The body was ruined, but the total cost ended up around $5500 including a car lift to do the job. Note values have dropped, back then a nice 98-01 would cost $7500 at least for a high optioned model.

View attachment 332235

View attachment 332236
I want to cry every time I see a 2nd Gen Explorer like this. I have to admit it, I'm emotionally attached to my Explorer

I want to cry every time I see a 2nd Gen Explorer like this. I have to admit it, I'm emotionally attached to my Explorer

I did save my 99, it just took me over a year. My 93 was worn out mechanically, and it gave its life to save the newer truck. I have enjoyed them very much as daily drivers and work trucks. I'm not ready to give it up yet either. If a coworker doesn't want it as I have it in good shape, I'll upgrade the V6 to a 2018 model of V6, the 3.7 likely. That would be a fun truck.

Projectthread107.JPG

What caused the accident? Funny how you ignored this. Accidents don’t ever “just happen”.

As a member of this forum, I’ll post on any threads I like.
I from a yet undiagnosed issue blacked out, had wanted to keep this private. We left by ambulance.

I from a yet undiagnosed issue blacked out, had wanted to keep this private. We left by ambulance.

Take care, I hope you find an answer and recover fully soon.

I stand corrected. My apologies.

I know what's its like to black out !!
We don't judge .
It sucks but it happens .
Good luck!!

Damn, feel better!

I know how that goes.... It took the Army 5 years and over a thousand doctor visits to find out the cause of mine was sleep apnea that causes hypersomia. I drove almost 10 miles on the Colonial Parkway in Virginia from Yorktown almost to Williamsburg before finding a bridge abutment with the right front fender of my 1985 F-250 in 1989 because of this

I can relate. Had a few "incidents" before they found a treatment that worked effectively on my epilepsy. Its not a great experience to wake up in that situation and not know where you are, how you got there, or how it happened. Like this incident, I lost some great cars to them, including a really nice 88 Bronco II XLT. Thoughts are with you.

What’s important is that you guys are all still with us, and no one else got hurt in the process.

We had a guy around here recently go driving with undiagnosed epilepsy. Had a seizure, pedal to the metal...he hit an overpass doing triple digits. The car crumpled so hard that they brought the entire car to the medical examiner’s office with what was left of him inside.

Be safe out there, be grateful.

What’s important is that you guys are all still with us, and no one else got hurt in the process.

We had a guy around here recently go driving with undiagnosed epilepsy. Had a seizure, pedal to the metal...he hit an overpass doing triple digits. The car crumpled so hard that they brought the entire car to the medical examiner’s office with what was left of him inside.

Be safe out there, be grateful.
This is why I don't drive and never have
I don't want to kill someone's kids it scares the he'll out of me

This is why I don't drive and never have
I don't want to kill someone's kids it scares the he'll out of me
Would never guess you don't drive!

Would never guess you don't drive!
Nope scared to
But I have seizures on a weekly basis

A long time ago about 18 years
I decided to use the time that my epilepsy Gives me To focus on my wife and kids
Result
Well
My son at 18 makes his own video games On the computer ...no game consoles allowed in my house read a book... he is on his way to college for that
He plays the most beautiful piano
My daughter is on her way to college to be a teacher I have no doubt she will
succeed
She is 17 he is 18

How did I do it
I don't let them have a phones or game consoles

Nope scared to

I decided to use the time that my epilepsy Gives me To focus on my wife and kids
Result
Well
My son at 18 makes his own video games On the computer ...no game consoles allowed in my house read a book... he is on his way to college for that
succeed
She is 17 he is 18

How did I do it
Well done!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope scared to

Result
Well
succeed
She is 17 he is 18

How did I do it
Congratulations on a job well done. I am glad I didn't have to deal with today's world when raising a child. Our grandchildren are not allowed to use internet connected electronic devices, allowed to watch TV very rarely (always as a family event when done) and forced to use their imaginations when playing. They will be home schooled because our state is pushing CRT in the classrooms among other measures that "educate" (aka indoctrinate) them. So I commend you and your wife on taking the harder path these days to ensure your children were raised well. Also, I learned from my father that the most precious gift a parent can give their children is their time. It isn't the things that are bought. The time and attention my father gave me made me who I am today. It sounds like you did the same.

Back