j602's 2wd Beast | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

j602's 2wd Beast

My name's Josh and I live in Dothan, Alabama. I've owned the truck since November, 2003. It's a 1992 Ford Explorer XLT 2WD. I started with basic upgrades and modifications like new paint, clear corners, tires, and wheels. It then turned into a constant work in progress resulting in what it is now.

It's curent state:
25390sas10.jpg

Specs-

Exterior:

Black metallic paint
Longtek brush guard
35x12.5" Dunlop Mud Rovers
15x8 Rock Crawler 97's
Sylvania Silverstar 9004 headlight bulbs
Clear corners
SRB 6" fogs
Taillight guards
Removed front valence/license plate holder
Custom shorty antenna
4' fiberglass CB antenna with custom mount on T/L guard
Herc'd door jambs
Bedliner'd rockers
Cut front bumper, bedlinered both
Painted grille
Tint
Curt Class III hidden hitch

Interior:

All-Weather floor mats
Leather steering wheel cover
Pioneer DEH-6500 head unit
Infinity Reference 5x7's in doors
(2) Infinity Reference 10's in a sealed enclosure
LA 1000W Amp
Uniden PRO538W CB

Suspension:
Front -
Custom SAS with HP Dana 30 from a Jeep YJ set up for spring over axle
BTF YJ SOA perches
Pro Comp 2.5" lifted YJ springs
BTF shackles
Warrior spring and shackle hangers
Custom hanger mounts
F-250 shock towers
Rancho RS5000's
Rough Country drop pitman arm
BTF crossover steering bracket with DOM links and heim joints
2" Slanted Body Lift

Rear -
Spring over axle with weld on perches
Warrior shackles
2" Tapered Blocks
Pro Comp ES3000 shocks on swaybar brackets
Homemade swaybar extensions
Relocated brake line with custom bracket

Drivetrain:

4wd transmission swap with electric transfer case that is now manual
KKM open element filter
Flowmaster Cat-back with Original 40 Series swapped in
Single Magnaflow high flow cat
Summit Manual Cutout after Y pipe
EGR delete
Motive 4.56 gears w/ Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube
Powertrax No-Slip locker
Skyjacker SS brake lines

What it was:
25390ex01.jpg

Then...
25390ex4.jpg

Then...
25390ex14.jpg

Then...
25390bumper4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't like chrome covers cause they're ghey....kind of like people named Caleb!! Tehehehe. Anyway, the ebay auction said it was made of thick steel, but who knows whether its true or not :rolleyes:. It should be fine for what I'm using it for. No rocks here (not like I could crawl them anyway :p ), just mud and light trail type stuff. I just wanted a cheap cover that looked better than stock.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

j602 said:
I don't like chrome covers cause they're ghey....kind of like people named Caleb!! Tehehehe. Anyway, the ebay auction said it was made of thick steel, but who knows whether its true or not :rolleyes:. It should be fine for what I'm using it for. No rocks here (not like I could crawl them anyway :p ), just mud and light trail type stuff. I just wanted a cheap cover that looked better than stock.

Yea should be fine, Asshat :flipoff2: :D

Thing im worried bout busting mine on is Underwater stumps. we have alot of them around here that you cant see/ feel till its to late

Shazam!

It is finished. Sorry it took so long to get pictures up, but I've been really busy with work and prom and stuff. We finished the suspension work ar 2:30 in the morning monday. The front didn't come out as high as I wanted, so it has a good bit of rake to it, but I'm starting to like it that way. I got the chrome cover put on with a new gasket and Mobil 1 synthetic. Then yesterday, I got the 35's put on. No rubbing anywhere except the swaybar but it was like that with the 33's. I also got alot of stuff painted flat black like the ground off components, axle, frame. It looks really clean. Here's the pics!
25390newstuff7.JPG

25390newstuff6.JPG

25390newstuff8.JPG

25390newstuff11.JPG

25390newstuff10.JPG

25390newstuff9.JPG

Damn, that looks badass Josh. Nice job on it. Since you forgot to post your newest picture, I'll post it for you.

Attachments

• Dana 35 in 2WD.JPG
    Dana 35 in 2WD.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 746

wow looks a lot better, those 35's look really good! great job!

Badass dude!!!

That looks real sharp! :D

Lol Bryan. Thanks for the kind words guys!

TRUCK LOOKS GREAT ,BUT ARE U GONNA RUN 8 '' COILS IN FRONT ?

25390newstuff11.jpg

CUSS THE FRONT LOOKS KINDA LOW.

Looks great, maybe you should take the shackles out, to help lower the back down some.....

Now go find somethign to flex on :D

like i said, looks good

-caleb

ps: mine will still out flex yours :D

Josh, if you decide to remove the Warriors, I might be interested in them. Let me know and maybe we can work out something.

those things have been so whored out on this forum.... LOL

93LiftedXLT - No, I already have 6" coils and 2" coil spacers, so it's maxed out. I don't know why the front came out so low. Almost like they sent the 4" lift instead of the 6". I don't think that's it though, because everything said 6" and the new coils were about 4" longer than my 2"ers. It seems to have leveled out a little now though, and looks better.

Caleb - Thanks man. I don't think I'm gonna take out the shackles. Always add lift, never remove. :D There'll be some action shots soon. With this thing back on the road, and summer around the corner, there'll be plenty of wheelin'. I'll be getting a locker soon too. ;)

I'm working on putting my CB in tonight. Should be done in a bit. :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine got a 2WD Cherokee with a 4"(?) Pro Comp lift already on it and 32s. He wants to do some fender trimming and some other stuff and run some bigger tires. :cool: We both agree that if it is going to stay 2WD for a while it needs to look really good (it already looks pretty good). Anyways, I just sent him an email showing him how good your 2wd looks. I think he'll like it a lot. ;)

BTW Josh, do you know how far away you are from GA? Once you get a locker, we should wheel together sometime(unless you are a street queen :fire: ;)).

Hehe, 2wd rawks! :D :thumbsup: This is definitely not a street queen. I actually played in the mud yesterday with some buddies. Suspension did well, and it rides really nice on the highway. There was an old couch and I hopped up on it and flexed out. I'm about 4 hours from Atlanta. Not sure how far that is in relation to you but.....

Do you have any pics of the flex? :D That's not too bad. Do you know of any ORV parks in AL? I think Grey Rock is there, but I heard it' $75 and pretty hard. So unless you want to ride with someone, I doubt it would be good for you. The only thing I can think of in GA is Beasley, and although it's only $5 per truck, it probably wouldn't be good for you either unless it is really dry. Also, I heard that Tellico is kind of close to Beasley. Let me know if your interested because I want to check out your truck this summer...if we do this, maybe we should invite Caleb. Then you guys can finally put the flex argument to rest :D

Can he do this? I doubt it with that POS 2wd :p J/K Josh

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 712

Lol.....I know of zero parks in AL. Yeah, a meet/wheel would be cool, but I definitely wouldn't want to do anything farther that 2 - 4 hours. Just too much travel time. And for the flex argument, there is no argument. I would win. :D

EDIT: Damnit Caleb, get out of my thread w/ your gay junk!!!! :D :D

j602 said:
Lol.....I know of zero parks in AL. Yeah, a meet/wheel would be cool, but I definitely wouldn't want to do anything farther that 2 - 4 hours. Just too much travel time. And for the flex argument, there is no argument. I would win. :D

EDIT: Damnit Caleb, get out of my thread w/ your gay junk!!!! :D :D

HAHA :D

Just cuase my junk has a FRONT driveshaft :D

Attachments

• Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 832

Lol, what a tool.... :p I see your washing machine and raise you a couch. Since I don't have a converter to go from Hi-8 tape on my camcorder to digital on the 'puter, I took some pictures of my TV. :D I'll upload the video once I get a converter.

Attachments

• couch3.JPG
    couch3.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 722
  • couch1.JPG
    couch1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 710

NICE! next to where i work, there is these apartments and a couch layign out by the road that is trash, ive been wanting to ramp on it, but im afrade of the pot heads and crack heads that live there might come out and shoot me for doing it.... LOL

Back