John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

Well, I've been an Elite member for probably like two years. I guess it's time to put something in the Elite Registry. So here goes...

Engine: Stock 4.0L (245) SOHC SEFI V-6
Transmission: Stock Ford 5R55E 5 -Speed Automatic Overdrive
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric shift - Gear Ratio ? Low ? 2.48:1
Steering: Stock Power, Ford - Rack and Pinion (Includes Steering Cooler) - Ratio 19.1:1 Static
Front Suspension: Superlift 4" lift
Rear Suspension: Spring over axle
Front Axle: Dana35 with a LockRight locker
Rear Axle: Ford 8.8 with a LockRight locker
Communications: Cobra 75 WX ST 40 Channel CB, Wilson 1000 antenna
Recovery Equipment: 60" Hi-Lift jack, 20' looped end tow strap.
Tires/Wheels: Super Swamper TSL/SX on 15x10 American Racing AR-767 wheels
Exterior: Performance Accessories 3" body lift. Gloria Zimmerman Rocksliders.
Interior: Leather seats, power moonroof, power rear window.
Audio: Stock CD/AM/FM radio.
Future Mods: Try to get rid of the rust before it falls apart.

Before Pic
41072001012701.jpg

After Pic
P1020775.jpg

Purchased 6/30/2000. It was 4th of July weekend, and I took her out for some camping and
minor offroading in Big Bend National Park in 110 degree heat. I put my first scratches on her that weekend.
I was just letting her know how hard she would have to work for me.

I bought her fully loaded. I think the only option I didn't have was the audiophile stereo system and of course the hard tonneau cover wasn't available yet.

Big Bend National Park
410700703051.jpg

I pretty much left her stock in appearance for over a year. Thanks to this website I learned about the KKM performance filter and installed it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

May I ask how much you owe still on the trac? I did the same thing, midified without paying it off first. Not a good thing lol This site is a bad influence. Truck is looking killer btw.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The snorkel is made from 3" pvc pipe and the end is a 4" pvc cap. I used 4 screws to hold the cap onto the end.

ok time for a update,and new pis!!!!god i love this rig wanna sell it?j/k i know it has to be your baby.

ok time for a update,and new pis!!!!god i love this rig wanna sell it?j/k i know it has to be your baby.
Um, it's just sitting waiting for me to have money to spend on it.

It needs a lot of TLC like...
1. Needs new offroad tires
2. Needs the rack and pinion replaced. I've bought the new rack, I just haven't spent the time to put it on.
3. Needs a new rear window motor.
4. I need to fix the clogged sunroof drain tube.
5. Engine is running like crap above 3000rpm.
6. Has a ton of rust underneath it.
7. I need to remove the POS alarm that doesn't work anymore. I don't know if I can do that without causing it not to start again.
8. Maybe fix the electric door locks. They haven't worked in a while.
9. Body Bushings! OMG, I'm really looking forward to trying to replace those.

Plus, I've had a change of focus in my life. I'm in love with another filipina overseas. So, for the next year or two it's my focus to marry her and bring her over here to the USA. All the offroading in the world won't making me happy when I'm at home alone everynight. I need a good woman by my side. And I'm sure this one will enjoy the offroading activities. But, I do want to get it running good to drive it daily again. I need to stop putting miles on my Explorer Limited.

Here's how it sits today. :eek:

IMG_0421.sm.jpg

Are those my old spares?

Are those my old spares?
Yeah, two of them are. Remember, I PM'd u saying they were on the ST and the Limited was back on it's Limited wheels. :p

John,
Did you get rid of your roof basket? I am looking to get a basket for my ST.

Chad

John,
Did you get rid of your roof basket? I am looking to get a basket for my ST.

Chad
Sorry Chad,

My bestfriend Chris(TxPlates), has it on his Sport Trac now.

Attachments

• txplates.st.JPG
    txplates.st.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 31,880

Johnstone, first off, just wanted to say you have one of the nicest rigs on the site. Love the Trac. :thumbsup: I wanted to know where you got the front skidplate in most of your pictures (T-Haven, etc.). Is it the Ranger one?

Johnstone, first off, just wanted to say you have one of the nicest rigs on the site. Love the Trac. :thumbsup: I wanted to know where you got the front skidplate in most of your pictures (T-Haven, etc.). Is it the Ranger one?
Yes, Jason, that's the (for looks only) Ranger skidplate. It's not on my truck anymore. It got too beat up over time.

Thanks! Gotta find me a junkyard. :D

Thanks John, appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

EDIT: The millers link isn't working for some reason. If it's wrong, you can PM me, I don't want to hijack your thread anymore.

Update...

Just installing a few new things:

- rack and pinion(I got it in the other week. That was fun.)
- 2 new power steering hoses that connect to the new rack because the design was changed(Installed)
- power steering pump(Installed)
- MAF
- PCV valve. It only cost me $36.
- passenger side wheelbearing/hub assembly
- both lower balljoints(Installed)
- passenger side upper a-arm because the balljoint was bad(Installed)
- front shocks
- driver's side cv-axle

Just a few things. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,726
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,747
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,724

Any updates?

So yeah, I finally got everything put back together. But, I'm still chasing a check engine light problem. Lot's of little things here and there to fix, but I'm driving it again.

Spring Creek Memorial Day Weekend 2008

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

Back