John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

Well, I've been an Elite member for probably like two years. I guess it's time to put something in the Elite Registry. So here goes...

Engine: Stock 4.0L (245) SOHC SEFI V-6
Transmission: Stock Ford 5R55E 5 -Speed Automatic Overdrive
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric shift - Gear Ratio ? Low ? 2.48:1
Steering: Stock Power, Ford - Rack and Pinion (Includes Steering Cooler) - Ratio 19.1:1 Static
Front Suspension: Superlift 4" lift
Rear Suspension: Spring over axle
Front Axle: Dana35 with a LockRight locker
Rear Axle: Ford 8.8 with a LockRight locker
Communications: Cobra 75 WX ST 40 Channel CB, Wilson 1000 antenna
Recovery Equipment: 60" Hi-Lift jack, 20' looped end tow strap.
Tires/Wheels: Super Swamper TSL/SX on 15x10 American Racing AR-767 wheels
Exterior: Performance Accessories 3" body lift. Gloria Zimmerman Rocksliders.
Interior: Leather seats, power moonroof, power rear window.
Audio: Stock CD/AM/FM radio.
Future Mods: Try to get rid of the rust before it falls apart.

Before Pic
41072001012701.jpg

After Pic
P1020775.jpg

Purchased 6/30/2000. It was 4th of July weekend, and I took her out for some camping and
minor offroading in Big Bend National Park in 110 degree heat. I put my first scratches on her that weekend.
I was just letting her know how hard she would have to work for me.

I bought her fully loaded. I think the only option I didn't have was the audiophile stereo system and of course the hard tonneau cover wasn't available yet.

Big Bend National Park
410700703051.jpg

I pretty much left her stock in appearance for over a year. Thanks to this website I learned about the KKM performance filter and installed it.

:thumbsup:
Cjpooch, I purchased John's Trac from his daughter. I have one as well that John helped me build that mirrored his. I've got his in the garage right now trying to get it back to being road worthy :)
:thumbsup:

Cjpooch, I purchased John's Trac from his daughter. I have one as well that John helped me build that mirrored his. I've got his in the garage right now trying to get it back to being road worthy :)

I know its been about 4 months since you purchased John's Trac, so I've been wondering how much progress have you made on his ST?
Do you happen to have an updated pics of John's Trac?

Man, it's been four years already. Miss ya buddy !!!

:salute:

johnstone_4wheeloffroad.jpg

Back