Just upgraded to 35s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just upgraded to 35s

Well i threw my 35s on last night..And wow what a difference from my 34s.. My 34s were so loud and they made the truck shake and steer wherever it pleased..But these bfgs are the ****... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• resize muds.JPG
    resize muds.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 381
  • resize muds 05.JPG
    resize muds 05.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 376
  • resize muds o3.JPG
    resize muds o3.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 370

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks Good!!

Now, all you have to do is get rid of some of that EXCESSIVE lift. :D

ie, yank the body lift out

awesome! :thumbsup:

Looks good, but I agree with Robb, bring down the back or somethin'. It's just too much. Did buy those on ebay? I was watching a set of 35" BFG's when a member named splodo bid on them. :D

no thanks

No im not gonna take out the body lift.. If anything i will take off the warrior shackels.. After i get done with this next job and move back home my ex is gonna be a trail rig straight up... My pops allready has some axles sittin for me at his shop...And since i just got my new toy ( tube bender :p ) i will be bendin up some doors,bumpers,and a exo cage..Plus the body lift will help out with future mods like.. v8 conversion and tranny change.. (my pops has a **** load of ford trucks,how i got the axles and hes gonna junk another and so maybee so other parts heh) thanks for the comments..

looks very nice

I think it looks great the way it is. Are those sliders on there?

Ryan

It looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

Yes those are sliders i built them my self :D . hey bmx king is your pic real cuz if so those rims got some tuck boy :thumbsup:

splodo49 said:
Yes those are sliders i built them my self :D . hey bmx king is your pic real cuz if so those rims got some tuck boy :thumbsup:
No, in real life my Explorer is lifted. :D That's just a photoshop using Draft's wheels. There is a guy on here named "RacinJason"(sp?) who has a bagged 1st gen. The wheels on his REALLY tuck up in there! :eek:

The truck looks good. I like the black wheels without the white wall of the tire. Looks good. What kind of 34s did you have? TrXus?

-Drew

It looks great but if you are serious about making that a trail rig then the BL should be removed of at least reduced, you dont need it for the 5.0L conversion or any other mods, all it is doing it making you more tippy.
If you take the shackels off you will lose flex, if you take the body lift off you will lose high center of gravity.
All the tube work even higher up (BL) will make it worse :)

the most capable explorer's are the ones with the most flex, least lift, and biggest tires :) Just my 02, it does look good. I reecntly bought a 96 that has a 3" BL and at first I was going to remove it but I decided I like it, but that truck is not a trail truck, just tow vehicle......

Well thanks for the comments.

Hey thanks for the info.. But to tell you the truth its not like i havent wheeled the **** out of this allready..I have wheeled from the florida trails (swampland), to the utah mountains and moab(born and raised), to idaho to washington and some other places to..I know my truck i got the feel of everthing.. Ive basically had this explorer since it was built..MY dad owned it before me so i drove it then also. yes i know that ill lose some flex with out the shackels and yes i know that it will get tippy on some terrain ive had it on two before..And also with out the b/l those 35s are gonna rub big time in the front,and at full flex in the rear it allready rubs on the inside fender well pretty good..so with out the b/l im pretty sure it would start tearing it up...Not saying you dont know what your talking about cuz ive read your threads and i know you know your ****.. But i know what im talking about also..Like i said when i get home it will be a trailrig..Right now its still a daily driver and a sunday beater.. Ive have a set of full width axles going under and im not gonna use any of these suspension componets so the lift will be determined at the time of build..O yeah have i showed you my tow rig... :D

Attachments

• resize tow rig.JPG
    resize tow rig.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 305

what kinda lift do u have shown in that picture with 35
s?

The lift is 5.5 superlift in the front soa in the rear with add a leaf and warrior shackles and 3" bl.

Sure is a lot of lift. What kind of aal's did you use?

-Drew

You know i dont remember its been so long i dont recall. :confused:

Back