Kansas rocks November 7th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kansas rocks November 7th

Sure was looking forward to trying the squealers, even though the name kind of scares me. In Dan's absence, I can bring the meat for Friday night, and grill while they wrench. T-bones, porterhouse, round steak, pork steak, or chicken tenderloins are in the freezer. I have enough meats to cover Saturday evening also, if we were planning on grilling again. Makes no difference to me, can bring if that is the plan. If so, a Saturday night head count would be great to cover everyone.

Please post your preference, or I'll have to guess. Bringing taters for foil roasting while the steaks cook

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gosh dernit Dan. You will be missed. I'm not even going to break the news to Nigel.

[MENTION=36935]Benji-Man[/MENTION] I am impressed by your offer. That is a good idea, as after wrenching and cleanup it may get late for a trip to eat out. I am good with whatever you bring! Thanks , :thumbsup:

For Saturday night I think stopping at el charro would be best though. We can wear our wheeling attire there without a problem. It's on the way home, and it'll free us up to relax for the evening.

^ What he said... X2 Very generous offer!

I gotta admit, I am getting more excited about this venture every day. :D:D

I'm hungry for food and some wheeling!

:bounce:

Oh.... Thanks for picking up the ball Benji! :thumbsup:
Pork or beef please. I'm clucking sick of chicken, as it seems to be all I eat when at home. :rant:

Rig is 80% packed already. Topped all the fluids off and even did some fluid changes over the weekend for this meet. After 2 years of waiting and wrenching on it, it is as good as it is going to get. :hammer:

I checked the weather forecast for the town nearest the park.. Supposed to be Sunny and a high of 58. :D and with the rain that hit the area today it should be nice and muddy for those that like mud. :D:D

I checked the weather forecast for the town nearest the park.. Supposed to be Sunny and a high of 58. :D and with the rain that hit the area today it should be nice and muddy for those that like mud. :D:D

I will bring a couple rolls of quarters for the car wash. lol

LoL I've got a power washer at home...

Sent from my LGL15G using Forum Runner

Have fun, get lottsa pics!

I think we're heading in tonight for baby... maybe she not sure, so we're going anyway! :)

I will join next time.

Looks like we'll be there about 9:30. So anxious to try and tear up the truck.. LoL

Was a false alarm. Still baking. :)

Been great weather, looking forward to pics and stories.

Well, I can say I had a great time. It was good to get out and hang with you guys for a while, even if my 4x4 was being bad.

Speaking of, I am still having the thump followed by no 4wd issue, in both hi and low range so I parked Betty and Rode with Traveler..

Gman and Benji-man showed up just after dark Friday followed by traveler. They dug right into replacing both hubs, while I did nothing but point where tools were and show Ben around the kitchen while he cooked up a mound of animal flesh that made me break my no red meat vows. after some burping and talking over A couple of tequila shots and beer I set the coffee pot for 6:30 Am so we could make it out to KS Rocks by 8:00 AM sharp.

after a night of rest and getting all our stuff together, I told Gman " not to bother with the GPS because I knew where were were headed and you can't miss it" .We headed out in mini caravan form, and took a short cut via county roads to the park, and of course drove right by the turn off. Overshot it by about 5 miles I think. Good times.

So, after turning around in lost mini caravan form we made it to the park promptly at 10:30 followed by Jakebrake, Yellowford and a few friends. Right on time!

Anyhow, since my camera and truck both took a dump on me I'll let the others take over from here.

The highlights--
Stock explorer with running boards on 31"s conquers a Black trail named "the black hole" and still has it's running boards.

No driveline carnage

Some broken thingys

Better trail markings, along with much drier conditions and 70 degree temps made this a perfect day at this park IMO.

Just flew back to town, and man are my arms tired. :D

Thanks for putting up with us, and being an awesome host Jon! :thumbsup:
Thanks to Benjiman for being my copilot & navigator! :thumbsup:

The Porterhouse steaks Benjiman made Fri Night were amazing. Getting to eat out on Sat night, and then again on Sunday, was a treat, as I don't get a chance to do that often with friends.

Was great to see Jakebrake & company, Yellowford again, and meet Traveler.

Park conditions were the best I've seen them, and made for a great day out.

Being able to get the rig off road after a couple year hiatus, was very nice. I didn't wheel it much, but what I did, it was fun. Getting to see all you guys was the best part of the entire trip. :)

Other then a couple of new rock rash marks on the wheels, there isn't any known carnage to report. I will do a full inspection in a day or two.

I only got a couple pictures before my cell battery died. My HD Vid cam hasn't been used in 2 yrs, and the special batteries were so dead, they wouldn't take a charge when I tried the night before I left.

Here is one of Jakebrakes friends Lifted D60 SAS conversion van that was around 9' tall, with Benjiman standing under a side mirror. This thing was awesome, sporting dual Fox resi's up front, custom off road bumpers, and a 7.3 turbo Diesel.

Attachments

• Benji under van mirror KS rocks 2015.jpg
    Benji under van mirror KS rocks 2015.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 181

As a first timer i can say it was great. Was good to put names to faces. Another big thanks to Gman for supplying hubs and assisting with installation, and the steaks were fabulous .
The trails we're fun and educational (well to me they were ) sorry your tcase crappedout on u Jon but it was great having a mentor in the truck with me. We'll have to go again soon. I'll get what pics I've got up soon.

Working on the videos but here are some pics!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 182
  • black hole.jpg
    black hole.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 171
  • blue trail parked.jpg
    blue trail parked.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 183
  • blue uphill.jpg
    blue uphill.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 191
  • cherry start up hill.jpg
    cherry start up hill.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 191

and more

Attachments

• blue at black hole.jpg
    blue at black hole.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 186
  • blue stareing at mud hole.jpg
    blue stareing at mud hole.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 178
  • blues back window.jpg
    blues back window.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 177
  • blue aftermath.jpg
    blue aftermath.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 190

I do just can't figure out how to post

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back