Kyle's 04 XLT registry. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kyle's 04 XLT registry.

This is the first vehicle I have owned, bought it last spring with 67K on it and it now has 79K.

First MOD's I put on here were the 60" LED Tailgate Bar and Tow hooks (now removed due to the pushbar)

She had terrible tires and only two matched lol, So a month after I picked her I bought my girl a new pair of shoes (Goodyear Forterra's) Absolutely love these tires.

About a month ago I swapped out the reg bulbs and put in Luminitic Blue and Lumintics Yellows(not pics of the yellows yet).

Last week I swapped out the stock 6cd for a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD

I just mounted the Go Rhino Grille Guard (got it for free since I offered the company that I would do a video feature on it on my website) and Driving Lights on today.

That will probably be the only mods for a while since money is tight again.

Any thoughts on future ideas or general comments are appreciated, cars are not my area of expertise. I'll try to get some good shots of the truck next time i wash her.

(LED Tailgate Bar)
6193053587_36ffd83d89_z.jpg

(Tow Hooks)
6193052153_622d963661_z.jpg

(Luminitic Pure Blue's)
6193054297_5ceb64ec57_z.jpg

(Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD)
6193054339_394a7ccca4_z.jpg

(Grille Guard)
6193572276_5dd90ca2c9_z.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant see any of the pictures?

looks pretty sweet, I like it.

nice x u got there

like the grille guard. the trucks lookin good, what size are your new forterras? and is it a v6 or v8?

Thank Steve

The Forterras are P245/65R17's

It's the 4.0 but i def wish I had the 4.6 which my boss used to have in his 06 which I miss driving.

i i run my truck lifted 2.25front/1.75rear + my bodylift on 245/65r17's and it dosen't look too bad.

and i really want to do those lights myself now, i'm thinking the smoked lights with led amber bulbs

BTF lift is out of the budget since this is my off season for my business's unless I find a plowing job over the winter, but may do a body lift at some point.

do you have an close up, day time pictures of your led tailgate bar? i'm curious to see how well it blends in during the day

Steve,

During the day, you dont even know it exists. The tailgates on SUV's sit so low that you cannot see it. When it's on at night you need to be a couple car lengths back. I will take a few pics for you in the morning.

Steve,

During the day, you dont even know it exists. The tailgates on SUV's sit so low that you cannot see it. When it's on at night you need to be a couple car lengths back. I will take a few pics for you in the morning.

thank you. i want to do this but use a white led strip and tie it into my reverse lights. 20% tint makes it hard to see anything at night

Can't beleive I missed this registry. Good looking truck you got there! Where did you buy the grille guard from? I never was able to find one from GoRhino.

Look what showed up today!

Hope to get them on next week and am possibly going to custom build a front mount hitch to go under the grille guard.

Thanks again James.

6644198453_d65bb00893_z.jpg

1.75 front, 1.5 rear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back